Prosthetic Metallic Artifact Reduction
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. AHRQ Study: joint replacement to become the most common elective surgical procedure in the next decades. https://www.ahrq.gov/news/newsletters/e-newsletter/503.html. Updated February 2, 2016. Accessed March 14, 2018.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Total hip replacement. https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/treatment/total-hip-replacement. Updated August 2015. Accessed March 14, 2018.
- Kremers HM, Larson DR, Crowson CS, et al. Prevalence of total hip and knee replacement in the United States. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015;97:1386-1397.
- Dargel J, Oppermann J, Brüggemann G-P, Eysel P. Dislocation following total hip replacement. Dtsch Arztebl Intl. 2014;111:884-890.
- Barrett JF, Keat N. Artifacts in CT: recognition and avoidance. Radiographics. 2004;24:1679-1691.
- Huang JY, Followill DS, Howell RM, et al. Approaches to reducing photon dose calculation errors near metal implants. Med Phys. 2016;43(9):5117-5130.
- The outcomes by Siemens Healthineers customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer’s unique setting. Since there is no “typical” hospital and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, case mix, level of IT adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.