X-rays Herald New Era of Medical Technology
Healthcare is on the precipice of a major leap forward: artificial, or augmented, intelligence.
What Is AI?
Most Believe in AI’s Impact, But Are Unsure Where to Begin
Automating Laboratory Diagnostics: the Road to AI
In cases of discrepancy between test and diagnosis results, AI may automatically find these exceptions and remove errors and redundant information by analyzing large amounts of data.Dr. Ling Qiu, Vice Director, Department of Lab Medicine, Peking Union Medical College Hospital (PUMCH), China
The Evolution of Regulation
Who is to blame when AI makes a mistake? We can’t start early enough in discussing these issues.Warry van Gelder, Medical Director, Result Laboratorium, Netherlands
How to Prepare for AI
AI will increase the prestige of laboratory diagnostics because we will be providing more accurate data. If big data is used together with laboratory data, it will gain more importance.Mustafa Serteser, Professor, Acibadem University, Turkey
Picturing an Exciting Future
Learn more from our executive white paper series:
-  PSNet. https://psnet.ahrq.gov/resources/resource/30828/diagnostic-accuracy-of-gps-when-using-an-early-intervention-decision-support-system-a-high-fidelity-simulation
-  Harvard Medical School. https://hms.harvard.edu/news/better-together
-  Digital Health. https://www.digitalhealth.net/2018/04/house-of-lords-ai-nhs/
-  National Center for Biotechnology Information. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK232703/
- The concepts and information presented in this paper are based on research study sponsored by Siemens Healthineers and from Siemens Healthineers personnel expertise in this field. These statements are not guarantees of future performance. Opinions quoted by individuals are their own.