Neonatal care can be especially challenging. Patient status can change very quickly, making the need for rapid test results an imperative.
Empower caregivers with immediate access to critical, lab quality test results at the patient’s side to transform care delivery in the NICU.
Optimize clinical operations, improve workflow and enhance clinical decisions with fast, accurate results at the patient’s side.
- Reduce time to result by eliminating unnecessary steps that may lead to delays
- Positive patient ID helps reduce patient identification errors through real-time patient identification lookup
- Immediate access to 13 critical test results, wirelessly, enabling faster therapeutic intervention
- Single-use, full-panel test cards that are room temperature stable
- Simplified inventory and quality control management
There is a highly significant correlation between blood loss from sampling and transfused blood volume; the highest frequencies of sampling occurring during the first week of life, in very preterm infants and in critically ill infants.1 The number of blood samples taken and the amount of blood taken during blood sampling should be kept at a minimum.2
epoc Care-Fill™ Capillary Tube
The epoc Care-Fill™ Capillary Tube aids clinicians in the collection of capillary samples. It is designed to work specifically with the epoc System. Care-Fill Capillary Tubes give the clinician guidance as to how much blood is needed unlike a traditional capillary tube.
- 90 microliter sample size
- Designed to deliver the patient specimen consistently and accurately when used with the epoc System
Post calibration sample application
Post calibration sample application ensures that the operator does not waste precious blood which may require a re-stick for a difficult to obtain patient sample.
1. Madsen LP, Rasmussen MK, Bjerregaard LL, Nohr SB, Ebbesen F. Impact of blood sampling in very preterm infants. Scand J Clin Invest 2000; 60:125-132.
2. Widness JA, Kulhavy JC, Johnson KJ, et al. Clinical performance of an in-line point of care monitor in neonates. Pediatrics 2000; 106:497-504.
Care-Fill, epoc, and all associated marks are trademarks of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc., or its affiliates. All other trade-marks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Product availability may vary from country to country and is subject to varying regulatory requirements. Please contact your local representative for availability.