See the whole picture
How do you master today’s complex and demanding healthcare market? How do you meet the needs of well-informed consumer-patients while operating under relentless cost pressure? How do we fight the world’s most threatening diseases? Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women worldwide1 and the second leading cause of death.2 One in eight women will develop invasive breast cancer in her lifetime.3
Our answer: MAMMOMAT Revelation. See more, detect breast cancer earlier, and help women stay healthy.
Features & Benefits
50° Wide-Angle Tomosynthesis: Reveal all that matters at a low dose
While 2D mammography is still the standard technology, tomosynthesis is becoming more prevalent in screening space and for good reason. MAMMOMAT Revelation with 50° Wide-Angle Tomosynthesis overcomes diagnostic challenges like overlapping tissue with the highest depth resolution16 and highest mass detectability17 on the market, enabling you to see more and detect more
While 2D mammography may leave as many as 30 to 50% of malignant tumors undetected18 , one of the largest studies worldwide with more than 15,000 screened patients has shown that 50° Wide-Angle Tomosynthesis provides an increased detection rate of invasive cancer of 43% with just a 1-view tomo scan19 and a 15% dose reduction.
Why is 50° Wide-Angle Tomosynthesis so remarkable?
15° vs. 50° Wide-Angle Tomosynthesis
- Clear delineation of overlapping objects
- Better separation of objects
- Unprecedented detail and clarity from top to bottom
Aim for the right dose
It’s not only about lowest dose, it’s also about highest image quality.
Since most breast health screenings are performed on healthy women, dose is a major factor. Women are well aware of the issue and want to avoid unnecessary radiation exposure. You, on the other hand, need the best possible image quality, to reliably identify what you see in mere seconds – without missing a lesion, over-diagnosing, or bringing patients back for avoidable recalls.
A system that delivers low dose, while giving you highest image quality. MAMMOMAT Revelation offers you just that: Its 50° Wide-Angle Tomosynthesis enables 3D imaging of the whole breast, delivering the highest depth resolution for screening, diagnostic imaging, and 50° Wide-Angle Biopsy.12
See more. Detect more. Rule out more.
Aim for the lowest dose
PRIME Technology: The right dose in every examination
Low dose has always been a hallmark of our mammography products, but with our PRIME Technology’s intelligent software algorithm, we’ve achieved the world’s first software-based anti-scatter solution for mammography:
- Up to 30% dose reduction13
- Without compromising image quality
Gridless acquisition means no radiation absorption between breast and detector:
- Utilize 100% of primary radiation
- Lower overall dose levels
AEC & OpDose®: The right dose for every patient
Automatic exposure control (AEC)
- The complete breast is analyzed to calculate the required dose for each breast individually
- Works in every position and view
- Automatically excludes the pectoral muscle in MLO views
- Determines exposure parameters depending on breast density and thickness
- Selects best anode/filter combination depending on breast thickness, density and site-specific definition
- Different dose levels further optimize exposure
- Five predefined dose levels available
1-view tomo: Always aim for the lowest dose possible
Tomosynthesis is a great approach to better detect breast cancer. And with our 1-view tomosynthesis, you are also able to reduce dose. Although our 1-view tomosynthesis takes 25 projections, it uses less dose than standard 2-view mammography.14
Insight 2D and Insight 3D: Get more than just another view
- Easily navigate 3D data
- Fast side-by-side comparison of both breasts
- Intuitively assess density26, 27
- Insight 3D: synthetic rotating visualization for improved orientation in the tomosynthesis volume
Insight 2D: Confidently transition from 2D to tomosynthesis
- An ‘easy-to-read’ overview28
- Can replace 2D image in a 2D + tomo scan29
- Comes with an FFDM-like image impression for easy comparison with prior images30
Go for quality
It’s not only about precision in cancer detection, it’s also about continuously supporting customers.
MAMMOMAT Revelation is a state-of-the-art mammography system you can rely on for early detection and precise diagnosis of breast cancer. But there’s so much more to it: Our 120-year history at the cutting edge of healthcare technology – which includes half a century of mammography research – taught us that truly superior healthcare technology goes far beyond manufacturing excellent systems.
By choosing our MAMMOMAT Revelation, you not only get world-class equipment, but also benefit from our Breast Health 360° approach. We take care of you in every step of the way: from examination workflow to services over the entire product lifecycle.
More expertise. More service. More efficiency.
Rely on support along the entire product lifecycle
When you decide to buy a new system, you have a thousand questions. Our 360° approach means that we help you answer all of them because we consider every aspect of your operation as if it were our own.
More information on hardware maintenance, software updates, and staff training:
More information on financing solutions and 3D visualization und digital twin analysis:
More information on teamplay Mammo Dashboard:
Focus on all patient needs
It’s not only about comfort and speed, it’s also about certainty.
Women are no longer passive patients, but informed consumers who demand a comfortable exam and fast, reliable results. They will choose their provider based on the available equipment and services . and they will make their voices heard in your quality ratings. A great patient experience is more important than ever.
Women know that when it comes to breast cancer, early detection is key for treatability and good outcomes. When findings are ambiguous or cancer is suspected, they need reliable results and certainty. MAMMOMAT Revelation and our extensive portfolio of services and solutions help you deliver superior breast care to empowered patients.
Less discomfort. More confidence. More reliability.
Focus on a better patient experience
Patient anxiety and the growing need for personalized pathways are challenges in breast care. Every woman is different, and MAMMOMAT Revelation embraces their individual uniqueness. With relaxed and calm patients, it’s much easier to achieve high image quality and avoid retakes.
MoodLight: Welcome your patients with a soothing atmosphere
Many women associate mammograms with pain, discomfort, and anxiety. This is why we offer unique comfort features to create a soothing ambiance, like the MoodLight function:
- Calming MoodLight with wide selection of colors as the eye-catcher in your examination room
- Elegant, slim system design creates a relaxed atmosphere
OpComp: Use optimal compression for unique comfort for every woman
MAMMOMAT Revelation’s personalized soft compression technology prevents unnecessary pain by adjusting to the anatomy of each woman’s breast:
- OpComp calculates and applies optimal compression
- SoftSpeed slows the compression paddle down as soon as it reaches the breast
More time for proper positioning and less operator variation.
One-click philosophy: Accelerate your workflows and eliminate unnecessary steps
- Just one click to select patient from worklist
- Start predefined workflow incl. parameters
- No clicks in-between: system automatically gets ready for next predefined projection view
One click to positioning
- Easily move to the next predefined examination position with the Single-Touch button
Marketing kit: Get your community excited about breast care
Contact us for a variety of engaging marketing materials – posters, product images, and videos – to share with referrers and patients, display at your facility, or post on your website or social media channels.
Focus on certainty for your patients
TiCEM – Titanium Contrast Enhanced Mammography: Stay at the forefront of clinical developments
Some challenging cases require additional diagnostics, yet MRIs are time-consuming, costly, and not always available. MAMMOMAT Revelation offers the option to integrate TiCEM – Titanium Contrast Enhanced Mammography.
- Optimized titanium filter reduces X-ray tube load
- Helps detect or rule out inconclusive lesions34
- Cost-effective diagnostic alternative
- Reduces scheduling conflicts
TiCEM – benign:
Dense breast with density grade c, potentially suspicious mass in both upper quadrants, BIRADS 2 (image on the left).
Suspicion not confirmed: TiCEM shows no uptake and thus no confirmed finding (image on the right).
Insight BD – Insight Breast Density: Leverage quick and precise risk assessment
Women with dense breasts have:
- an up to 4 times higher risk of breast cancer35
- 20% less sensitivity36
- a higher recall probability
Insight BD offers you:
- an automated, volumetric breast density assessment
- an objective classification37
- instant risk stratification right at the acquisition workstation, directly after the first scan
More and more guidelines recommend that women with high breast density must be notified. Inform your patients to encourage them to become more engaged in their own healthcare.
SpotPlus compression paddle: Gain confidence with tomo spot images
In inconclusive cases, spot compression helps assess screen-detected masses, asymmetries, architectural distortions, and microcalcifications.
Benefit from 50° Wide-Angle Tomosynthesis with our SpotPlus compression paddle:
- Focus on a smaller area of the breast
- Increase compression in one spot while still showing the surrounding tissue
- Avoid unnecessary biopsies
- Added confidence in tomosynthesis imaging
50° Wide-Angle Biopsy: Give your patients certainty
Precision is key when taking a tissue sample. Biopsies guided by 50° Wide-Angle Tomosynthesis have a target accuracy of ± 1 mm. And with
the dedicated biopsy chair, patients can sit up or lie down.
Less need for retargeting means less stress on the patient.
Faster and more accurate biopsies of virtually all kinds of lesions, thanks to:
- One-click targeting
- Intuitive guided workflows
- Wide range of compatible biopsy devices
- Both vertical and lateral needle access
- Compatibility with a variety of needle sizes
- Motorized needle movement in X, Y, Z axes
- Spacer plate to ease targeting
- Integrated scanner InSpect immediately checks the specimen in 20 sec. right in the exam room
Visit our Clinical Corner
Find relevant clinical information to optimize your daily work including clinical talks, white papers, case studies, and educational offerings.
“The mammogram with the tomosynthesis taken on the narrow-angled system showed no obvious mass to correlate with the clinical findings. This was somewhat surprising. We expected to see some abnormality. So we repeated the tomosynthesis study on the wide-angled system. Now we could clearly see a spiculated mass posteriorly in the upper inner quarter of the left breast.”
Amorphous Selenium (aSe)
24 cm x 30 cm (9.5“ x 12“)
X-ray tube anode material
Anode-filter combinations: W/Rh, W/Ti
+180° to -180°, motorized, isocentric rotation with preselectable rotation angle
The statements by Siemens’ Healthineers customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer's unique setting. Because there is no "typical" hospital or laboratory and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, samples mix, case mix, level of IT and/or automation adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.
www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/understand_bc/statistics (March 15, 2019)
Country-specific regulations may differ from manufacturer recommendation
90%: compared to former version VC10
Maldera et al. (2016): Digital breast tomosynthesis: Dose and image quality assessment. Physica Medica, pp. 1-12.; Marshall N.W. and Bosmans H. (2012): Measurements of system sharpness for two digital breast tomosynthesis systems. Phys. Med. Biol. 57, pp. 7629-7650.; Rodríguez-Ruiz A. et al. (2016): Evaluation of the technical performance of three different commercial digital breast tomosynthesis systems in the clinical environment. Physica Medica 32, pp. 767-777.