RAPIDLab® 348EX Blood Gas System
Get trusted results for critical analytes with ease, efficiency, and economy.
The RAPIDLab® 348EX Blood Gas System* is the cost-effective solution for smaller laboratories tasked with the challenge of performing fast-turnaround critical care tests. Fully-automated operation supports low-to-medium throughput on an easy-to-use analyzer that’s ready to generate accurate, on-demand results when clinicians need them, with a minimum of operator involvement.
NEW! RAPIDLab 348EX System Demonstration Video
Quality control materials
RAPIDComm Data Management System
Partnership you can trust.
50 Years Blood Gas Innovation
Features & Benefits
Increase productivity and operator efficiency in the low-volume laboratory
The RAPIDLab 348EX analyzer combines proven Siemens blood gas technology with a range of next-generation system enhancements designed to streamline and simplify day-to-day operations and workflow.
Fast, accurate results support critical treatment decisions
- Actionable patient test results are available in approximately 60 seconds
- Small sample size (50 µL–95 µL) suitable for most patients
- Analyze whole blood and dialysate fluid
- Whole blood results: pH, pCO2, pO2 Na+, K+, Ca++/Cl-, and hematocrit
- Dialysate results: pH, pCO2, Na+, K+, Ca++, HCO3-, and ctCO2
- Test and report only those parameters ordered by the clinician
Ensure data integrity and increase workflow efficiency
- Bar-code reader, for patient/operator ID entry, can be mounted on either side and offers optional setting for continuous-on, single-handing scanning
- Sample probe aspirates from syringes, capillaries, and QC ampules automatically, without the need for adapters
- Automatic detection of short samples shifts analyzer into microsample mode, with no operator involvement required
- Time-tested Ready Sensor® electrodes have a proven track record of performance and long use-life
- Comprehensive QC materials help verify system performance
- Automatic calibration routines and wash sequences minimize demands on operators time and attention
Easy-to-use with fast access to sensors, reagents, and waste
- Intuitive, color, touch screen user interface features large, easy-to-read system icons that display analyzer status
- One-touch icon selection of sampling mode - syringe, capillary, dialysis fluid, QC
- Easy navigation to all routine functions from the Ready screen
- Measurement chamber houses all sensors and is designed for easy access and replacement
- All reagents are located on the front panel of the analyzer, enabling easy reagent replacement
- Clear plastic bottles and blue-colored solutions allow at-a-glance checks of fill volumes
- Minimal maintenance requirements further extend system uptime
Affordable, on-demand performance from a compact design
- Economically priced – low cost of acquisition
- Low operating costs – cost of reagents/consumables will not vary significantly, even if throughput triples from five to 15 samples/day
- Small footprint saves valuable bench space in smaller labs and point-of-care settings
Flexible data review, reporting and storage
- Results can be viewed on-screen, output to the onboard printer, or electronically transmitted to LIS/HIS or RAPIDComm® Data Management System
- Convenient onboard storage of up to 250 patient test records, and up to 90 results for each level of QC
- Print calibration and QC summaries for inspection purposes including off-line generated Levey-Jennings reports to document QC performance
- USB port simplifies data uploads/downloads
Increase efficiency with the RAPIDComm Data Management System
When analyzers in remote, decentralized settings are supported by the RAPIDComm Data Management System, point-of-care coordinators can oversee the entire testing process from a central location.
- Configure, monitor, and control multiple networked RAPIDLab 348EX analyzers
- Troubleshoot analyzers, standardize test protocols, authorize and certify operators, and enforce QC checks
- Generate customized reports for accreditation inspections
- Help ensure testing and regulatory compliance, and improve risk management
- Connect multiple Siemens point-of-care analyzers – including blood gas, urine chemistry, and diabetes care systems -- through a single interface to the LIS/HIS
*Not available for sale in the U.S. Product availability varies by country.
The products/features (mentioned herein) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.