SOMATOM Edge Plus
Changing views in Computed Tomography
For care providers, the pressure to cut expenses results in an ever-increasing need for standardization and precision medicine. The CT scanner SOMATOM Edge Plus provides diagnostic imaging at the appropriate dose and with reproducible accuracy. Obtain rich, detailed information with technologies that bring tin-filtered scanning, 4D, and quantitative imaging to your clinical routine. And game-changing workflow automation simplifies scan preparation and helps you achieve new levels of precision.
Features & Benefits
- Dual Source technology
Dual Source CT scanners have two X-ray tubes and two detectors. This allows capturing image data in half the time needed by conventional volume CTs.
- 2x Straton® MX Sigma X-ray tube
The tube boost the power available at low kVs while maintaining the focal spot size, offering low-dose scanning with consistent image quality.
- Tin Filters
These filters optimize and shape the X-ray spectrum by filtering out the parts of the X-ray beam that are rarely useful for imaging. This brings the dose of many non-contrast CT examinations to conventional X-ray dose levels.
- Sigma generator power
Dual Source CT scanners come with twice the power: 2 × 100 kW. Sigma generators also maintain low kV fluctuations, allowing for precise 10 kV Steps.
- FAST 3D Camera as part of the FAST Integrated Workflow
The FAST 3D Camera offers standardized isocentric patient positioning by capturing the patient’s shape, position, and height in three dimensions.
- Touch Panels as part of the FAST Integrated Workflow
With the Touch Panels, technologists can enhance patient care by staying with their patient while setting the scanner.
- 2x StellarInfinity detectors
The high resolution of the StellarInfinitydetectors creates excellent image quality with reduced noise.
Changing views on patient diversity – with personalized scanning
Scan virtually all patients with diagnostic confidence – including obese persons, children, and patients unable to cooperate.
- Get powerful images of obese patients: With SOMATOM Edge Plus, you can obtain sharp and rich-in-contrast images at high speed and low dose even with large patients.
- Gently scan the dose-sensitive ones: Minimize the need for sedation and allow low-dose scans for children with High Power at low kV and integrated CARE Child technology.
- Freeze motion when your patient can't: Excellent image quality within seconds for emergency cases due to the combination of High Power reserves with high coverage of up to 230 mm/s in clinical routine.
Changing views on clinical paradigms – with advanced imaging
Gain new diagnostic insights like functional information and tissue characterization, acquired with no dose or time penalty.
- See more than ever before with tin-filtered scanning: Shield patients from clinically irrelevant dose and use CT for a wider application range with our Tin Filter technology.
- Add dynamic imaging to your clinical routine: Make dynamic imaging an everyday method for nearly all patients and anatomical regions at the right dose and contrast-to-noise ratio.
- Perform advanced quantitative imaging with no dose penalty: Eliminate additional non-contrast scans by creating virtual ones – backed by our unique TwinBeam Dual Energy technology.
Changing views on patient positioning – with automated workflows
Save time and achieve consistent results with smart automation for fast, precise positioning, scanning, and postprocessing.
- Safeguard correct and consistent positioning: Our FAST Integrated Workflow with FAST 3D Camera helps your team acquire first-time right scans and manage tight schedules.
- Get closer to your patients: Set parameters without leaving your patients and offer them individual care with our Touch Panels on eye-level.
- Simplify preparation of patients and scanner: Accelerate workflows and lower dose, helping you optimize process efficiency and improve patient outcome with our software packages.
Contrast media-enhanced CT for whole-body evaluation of a patient
Scan time: 11 s
Scan length: 661 mm
CTDIvol: 12.9 mGy
DLP: 819 mGy cm
- High CNR and potential dose savings thanks to high power at low kV
- Scanning of even obese patients thanks to wide bore size
- Visualization of tissues even out to 78 cm thanks to HD FoV Pro
- Excellent image quality even in larger patients thanks to the Stellar
Number of acquired slices:
Number of reconstructed slices:
In-plane temporal resolution:
70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140 kV
Max. scan speed:
up to 307 kg / 676 lbs