The iterative algorithm for metal artifact reduction, iMAR1, allows artifacts–often caused by implants, artificial joints, or pacemakers–to be significantly reduced thus improving, the image quality of your CT and attenuation-corrected PET and SPECT images. The ability to see more detail in these types of challenging exams leads to more efficient image interpretation and accurate quantification.
Key benefits of iMAR
- Enhance PET and SPECT image quality when metal is present by improving the attenuation correction (AC), as compared to non-iMAR CT images used for AC
- Improve process efficiency with an algorithm that can handle different metal implants in a smooth workflow
- Leverage your ability to address more challenging cases (e.g. dental fillings, pacemakers, and extremity
- implants) and better satisfy your referral base by delivering outstanding image quality
- Use iMAR with conventional reconstruction methods or iterative reconstruction, such as SAFIRE
- Enhance xSPECT Bone™ image quality by improving the bone zone maps for advanced reconstruction
More accurate quantification
In this study, iMAR reduced the ipsilateral and contralateral metal artifacts and diminished artifacts impacting SPECT AC and xSPECT Quant™ values, resulted in more accurate quantification. Additionally, iMAR xSPECT Bone images clearly demonstrated focal uptake in the mandible, showing suspected osteomyelitis.
Decrease metal artifacts in staging
In this example Biograph™ Horizon PET/CT with iMAR decreased metal artifacts in staging head and neck disease. iMAR allowed for the correction of obscuring artifacts from metal implants and was used for the reconstruction of AC PET images.
- Biograph Horizon
- Biograph Vision
- Biograph mCT
- Symbia Intevo Bold
Minimum Software Version
- Symbia Intevo Bold: MI SPECT VB20
- Biograph Horizon: PETsyngo VJ10
- Biograph mCT: PETsyngo VG60
- Biograph mCT Flow: PETsyngo VG60
- Biograph Vision2: PETsyngo VG75
Please Note: Additional technical pre-requisites may apply. Upon receiving your request, your local Siemens representative will clarify whether your system meets the requirements.