Intact PTH Assay*
Measurements of Intact PTH (iPTH) are used in the assessment of iPTH status in many clinical conditions, including the differential diagnosis of hyperparathyroidism or hypothyroidism. Intact PTH levels are also used to assess and manage other metabolic bone disorders, including osteoporosis and renal osteodystrophy.
- Enhances calcium absorption in the intestines by stimulating the renal synthesis of 1,25(OH)2vitamin D
- Increases the amount of calcium in the blood through the release of PTH and the removal of calcium from the bone
- Decreases the amount of calcium by releasing less PTH
Siemens Healthineers' iPTH assays utilize a high-quantum-yield molecule, the Zwitterionic Acridinium Ester (ZAE), which reduces non-specific binding, improves sensitivity and precision, requires smaller sample volume, and provides better onboard stability and longer shelf life for reagents.
- Preformed design minimizes biotin interference (biotin levels tested up to 1000 ng/mL), ensuring confidence in patient results
- Assay design with monoclonal antibodies and kitted calibrators ensure reduced lot-to-lot variation
- Minimal cross-reactivity increases accuracy in iPTH results, especially in patients undergoing biotin treatment
- Intra-operative claim to assess parathyroid excision provides important guidance to surgeons in assessing surgical procedures
*Not available for sale in the U.S.
ǂCompared to previous ADVIA Centaur iPTH assay