This course is designed to provide the delegate with an overview of the basic principles of MRI. It is targeted at those new to MRI in clinical practice and covers basic MRI physics such as image formation, TR, TE and flip angle, basic spin echo and gradient echo sequences, and spatial encoding. It also includes an overview of MRI safety including screening, hazards and SAR. Each subject includes theoretical know-how and hands-on practice using simulator software.
- Safety basics including SAR, patient positioning, screening and hazards
- Basic MRI physics - from protons to pictures
- TR, TE and flip angle
- Spin echo, turbo spin echo and gradient echo sequences
- Image contrast including T1, T2 and PD weighting
- Spatial encoding
- Relationship between spatial resolution, signal to noise and scan time
Radiographers new to MRI or those wishing to refresh their knowledge of basic MR physics.
Price and credits
Price on request