We are committed to achieving the following objectives:
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety regulations in Great Britain and Ireland, and where appropriate, exceed legal requirements.
- Continuously improve our Health and Safety performance through our integrated management system that meets 45001 standards.
- Provision of effective systems and appropriate resources and facilities to enable our colleagues to fulfil their responsibilities in a healthy and safe manner.
- Ensure Health and Safety processes are in place, hazards are identified, and risk reduced to as low as reasonably practicable to prevent work-related injuries and ill health.
- Educate, train and encourage colleagues to work in a safe, healthy and responsible manner.
- Ensure relevant Health and Safety information is communicated to all interested parties in a clear and timely manner.
- Maintain effective emergency response arrangements and resources to identify and deal with foreseeable adverse events.
- Consult and engage with our colleagues promoting open dialogue on Health and Safety matters.
Siemens Healthineers Health and Safety Policy is implemented through a Health and Safety Management System and overseen by governance arrangements that involve all levels of the company. Our performance is monitored and regularly reviewed by the appointed member of the management board, to ensure that our standards meet our high expectations and that the policy continues to be of value to our business and our stakeholders.
"Health and Safety commands the very highest priority within our organisation. I encourage every member of the team to assume a personal responsibility with respect to the safety of themselves and those with whom they engage. I am fully committed to the 'Zero Harm' approach, and share responsibility for the wellbeing and health and safety of the team."
Following our Zero Harm guidelines, which are championed at the highest levels in our company, we ensure high levels of care for the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and those of our customers who work with our imaging and diagnostic equipment solutions across the continuum of care. Our care for health, safety and wellbeing also extends to patients who experience diagnostic and therapeutic procedures supported by products from within our extensive product portfolio.
Our internal operation is certified to the ISO 45001 Health and Safety Management System Standard and our Health and Safety Management System has been independently recognised as a benchmark implementation of its type. We invest significant resources in training and resources to protect our employees and are proud of the advances we have made in Health and Safety Management.
Our responsibilities to our customers and their patients are discharged through the deployment of a rigorous system for product approval and safety monitoring in the field. This ensures we meet European Medical Device Directive Guidelines and all applicable product safety standards. Our dedicated team of clinical application specialists are available at product installation and throughout the product lifecycle to ensure clinicians and technicians receive the training they need to operate equipment in a safe and effective manner.