This is achieved by means of:
- Continued improvement in Health and Safety approaches and certification against the ISO 45001 standard
- An organisation to plan, implement, monitor, measure and review the effectiveness of Health and Safety arrangements
- Appropriate access to competent persons for health, safety and welfare advice
- A management structure where safety responsibilities are clearly defined at all levels
- Internal communication channels which ensure Health and Safety awareness and Zero Harm
- Approaches for managing Health and Safety which meet and where appropriate exceed legal requirements
- The prevention of work related injuries and ill health
"Health and Safety commands the very highest priority within our organisation. I encourage every member of the team to assume a personal responsibility with respect to the safety of themselves and those with whom they engage. I am fully committed to the 'Zero Harm' approach, and share responsibility for the wellbeing and health and safety of the team."
Managing Director, Siemens Healthcare Limited
Following our Zero Harm guidelines, which are championed at the highest levels in our company, we ensure high levels of care for the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and those of our customers who work with our imaging and diagnostic equipment solutions across the continuum of care. Our care for health, safety and wellbeing also extends to patients who experience diagnostic and therapeutic procedures supported by products from within our extensive product portfolio.
Our internal operation is certified to the ISO 45001 Health and Safety Management System Standard and our Health and Safety Management System has been independently recognised as a benchmark implementation of its type. We invest significant resources in training and resources to protect our employees and are proud of the advances we have made in Health and Safety Management.
Our responsibilities to our customers and their patients are discharged through the deployment of a rigorous system for product approval and safety monitoring in the field. This ensures we meet European Medical Device Directive Guidelines and all applicable product safety standards. Our dedicated team of clinical application specialists are available at product installation and throughout the product lifecycle to ensure clinicians and technicians receive the training they need to operate equipment in a safe and effective manner.