Through this policy, Siemens Healthineers outlines its commitment to maintaining high environmental management standards.
This policy applies to our function as a Sales and Service organisation. We are committed to:
- Protect the environment and prevent pollution from our organisation’s activities, products and services across our sites within Great Britain and Ireland
- Fulfil our compliance obligations
- Achieve continual improvement of the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance
Our Environment Policy is in line with Siemens Healthineers’ 2020 Strategic Focus of Becoming THE enabler of healthcare providers in Great Britain and Ireland and social and environmental responsibility is one of the themes under the strategic heading of a ‘Partner of Choice’. Our Environment Policy supports the strategic concept that Zero Harm, by reducing our impact, provides the basis for long term success.
Our Environment Policy is achieved by means of:
- Continued improvement in environmental approaches and certification against the IS014001 2015 standard
- By planning, implementing, monitoring, measuring and reviewing the effectiveness of environmental arrangements
- A management structure where environmental responsibilities are clearly defined at all levels and which encompasses our Ownership Culture
- Internal communications and engagement which promote an effective and proper understanding of environmental issues amongst our employees
- Approaches for managing environmental risks and identifying improvement opportunities which meet and where appropriate exceed legal requirements
- Climate change mitigation through avoiding or reducing emissions greenhouse gases
- Conserving natural resources and minimising waste through the concept of avoid, reduce, reuse and recycle
- Encouraging our suppliers to minimise their own environmental impacts
- Creating products and solutions which help our customers to reduce their environmental impacts
Our Environment Policy provides a framework for setting cross organisational objectives and environmental responsibility for achieving high levels of environmental performance.
Our Environment Policy is aligned to our Health and Safety, Quality and Social Responsibility Policies.
"It is essential that we all take steps to protect our environment and our policies support this aim. It is our collective responsibility to ensure that our activities demonstrate a positive and sustainable impact on the environment."
Siemens Healthcare Ltd
Siemens Healthcare Ltd
The scope of Siemens Healthineers’ Environmental Management System covers the provision of sales and service of medical devices within Great Britain and Ireland Regional Unit
The scope of the EMS covers the following business areas:
- Advanced Therapies
- Diagnostics Imaging
- Laboratory Diagnostics
- Point of Care Diagnostics
In today’s world all businesses have a part to play in protecting the environment and helping their customers meet their own environmental commitments. We recognise this and have established an Environmental Management System that spans our entire organisation.
Our sales and service operation in the UK and many of our manufacturing sites are certified to the IS0 14001 environmental management standard. In addition all our German manufacturing sites are validated against the Eco Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS), which goes beyond legal obligations and helps us to continually minimise the environmental impact of our manufacturing processes and our products.
All our products are designed according to award winning environmental design guidelines and each new equipment generation leads to major advances in environmental protection.
Improving the quality of healthcare whilst lowering operational costs is an essential part of our strategy. The environmental performance of products has a direct impact in this area and our customers benefit through:
- Optimised environmental operating costs throughout their equipment's lifecycle
- Products designed to provide optimum image quality whilst minimising radiation dose
- Products designed to minimise the use of hazardous substances
- Cost effective recycling or disposal of products at end of life
- Access to an excellent service team whose acts minimise its own environmental impact