What We Do
The Swords site has been supplying medical diagnostic equipment to hospitals and laboratories continuously since 1966. The products that we manufacture fall into two categories: Haematology and Immunoassay analysers. These products use advanced technologies including laser optics, mechatronics, robotics and bio-chemistry processes to diagnose multiple health conditions from a single blood sample.
In addition to manufacturing, Swords employees support the continuous innovation of current and new products and the development of laboratory automation software, which are exported to more than 50 countries across all continents.
Over its 50-year history, the site has evolved to remain current with technology and business developments. However, what has remained constant is the calibre of our people. Our culture of high performance blends seamlessly with a care for those we work with, the customers that rely on us and the community and environment that we share.
We are Team Swords.
- 2010: Winner of Exporter of the Year Award, Ireland
- 2011: Winner of Siemens Operational Excellence Award
- 2012: Winner Engineers Ireland Continuous Professional Development
- 2013: Leading Lean Site within Siemens Healthcare (Siemens Productive Systems)
- 2014: Winner of Siemens Q-Cup Global Award, Top+ Operational Excellence - Siemens Global Award for Quality Ideas and Innovation
- 2015: Winner of Siemens Global Award for Ideas and Innovation
- 2017: Winner of Global Siemens Laboratory Diagnostics award for growing the Refurbishment business
- 2017: Winner of Fingal Employer of the Year Award
- 2017: Winner Healthineers Silver Award for Swords’ 3i Participation
- 2018: Winner of Irish Medtech Operational Excellence Award
- 2019: Runner up in Irish Medtech Best Apprenticeship Award
- 2019: Winner of Global Siemens Laboratory Diagnostics Innovation award for site savings per employee
- 2020: Awarded the Corporate Social Responsibility standard of ‘Business Working Responsibly’
Great things are achieved in a great workplace. At Swords, it’s our people who make the difference.
We endeavour to champion that ethos by fostering an environment that places employee engagement at the heart of everything we do and to ensure our culture is one where people trust the people they work for, have pride in what they do and enjoy the people they work with. By doing so, we give our best to contribute to the company’s further success and development.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Building trust, strong relationships and developing strategic partnerships with the community helps to secure our long-term sustainability. Siemens Healthineers is committed to maintaining strong links within local communities through activities and initiatives that develop and educate the young, support vulnerable people and protect the environment. These areas align to Siemens Healthineers’ core values and competencies and the needs of the local community. They are aligned with our site culture, “Team Swords – We Care”.
We recognize the importance of employee engagement. Volunteering offers our employees the opportunity to participate in these local initiatives, to further develop and share their skills, increase satisfaction and take pride in the positive results.