What We Do
IMMULITE is a global brand distributing over 950 product lines for 100 disease states and 570 allergy tests. Our reagents are shipped to our European and American Distribution Centres for onward distribution to labs and clinics in over 50 countries worldwide.
Situated at the foot of Snowdon in North Wales, Siemens Healthineers Llanberis is listed as an ‘Anchor Company’ and an ‘Employer of Choice’ by the Welsh Assembly Government. We take pride in our key partnerships with universities in Wales: Bangor, Swansea and Cardiff, who work with us to foster truly innovative research as well as acting as a valuable pipeline for future employees.
Llanberis has a long tradition of innovation and embracing change, and as part of the Siemens SkillSwap programme, the site has developed a relationship with Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust which continues to produce exceptional learning opportunities for both partners.
We are a socially and environmentally progressive company; committed to encouraging a healthy and energized workforce through various wellbeing and green initiatives. The site has been fully ‘zero to landfill’ since April 2015.
For over 25 years we have successfully produced product of exceptional quality in a highly regulated industry. Llanberis is regularly audited by the Food & Drug Administration USA (FDA) and TUV (Technischer Überwachungsverein, English translation: Technical Inspection Association) for ISO and IVD. Siemens Healthineers Llanberis strives each day to achieve excellence in all areas of operation. This commitment was acknowledged in January 2019 with Llanberis being awarded a European Foundation for Quality Management 5 Star Recognised For Excellence award.
Siemens Healthineers Llanberis, a wholly owned, 36 acre site, was established in 1992. Siemens Healthineers Llanberis was formerly known as Euro DPC. Since then, Team Llanberis have been proud to achieve many notable accomplishments throughout the years:
- 1992: Purpose built facility opened at Llanberis & visit from PM John Major.
- 1993: IMMULITE system launched.
- 1998: IMMULITE 2000 system launched & awarded Queen's Export Award.
- 2002: IMMULITE 1000 system launched & Daily Post awards the site ‘Large Business Award’ – North West. Visit by HRH Prince Charles in celebration of 10 years in Manufacturing.
- 2004: Integrated Warehouse facility opened housing the largest fridge in Wales & Daily Post awards the site ‘Large Business Award’ – North West.
- 2006: Euro-DPC acquired by Siemens Healthineers.
- 2009: Llanberis achieves the Authorised Economic Operative status (AEO).
- 2010: Llanberis site becomes the sole manufacturer of IMMULITE reagent production transferred from LA. An increase in output of 130%. Visit by Peter Loescher, Chief Executive Officer of Siemens AG.
- 2011: Site given ‘Investors in People’ Standard.
- 2014: Quality Champion Team Award Winner.
- 2015: Siemens Healthineers invests £1.5M into production & Site Green Team initiated - Llanberis site achieves 'zero to landfill'.
- 2015: Formed partnerships with Welsh Universities to share in the similar vision for the economic development, vitality and vibrancy of the North Wales economy.
- 2016: Wellbeing Team initiated – supported by Bangor University.
- 2017: Transfer of IMMULITE Research & Development support activities to Llanberis, including predevelopment of significant antibody changes. Site celebrated 25 years of manufacturing at Llanberis.
- 2019: Awarded 5* R4E by the British Quality Foundation.
Siemens Healthineers Llanberis is a ‘Global Company, alongside a National Park’.
A career at Siemens Healthineers Llanberis means you'll be helping to develop truly innovative technology to produce products of exceptional quality. Individually and as a team, we recognise the vital contribution we make in creating medical equipment that transforms healthcare and the lives of people across the globe.
Click here to see the latest job postings for our Llanberis site.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our employees have raised an incredible sum of £3,500 for children's cancer charity, Gafael Llaw
Our colleague-nominated local charity is Gafael Llaw, in which we arranged various fundraising events. From a cake and a book sale, to a walking challenge which saw 10 members of staff walking from the summit of Snowdon to Caernarfon castle.
Gafael Llaw supports children and young people from Gwynedd and Anglesey suffering from cancer. The Charity provides direct support for Dewi Ward in Ysbyty Gwynedd, and is also committed to supporting Alder Hey in Liverpool and CLIC Sargent charity. The Charity is run solely by volunteers.
Prof. Dr. Fraser Logue, Vice President and Managing Director from Siemens Healthineers said, "Our staff were inspired by the great work of Gafael Llaw. The work of this local charity pushed people up mountains in atrocious weather and brought out the bakers in an army of staff. I am incredibly proud of the money raised by our staff for such an important cause."
Gafael Llaw Chairman, Iwan Trefor Jones, added, “We have recently funded a sensory room and new ventilator machine at Ward Dewi, Ysbyty Gwynedd. With continued support of companies such as Siemens Healthineers in Llanberis, we can achieve so much more to ensure the best possible care and facilities for children with cancer in north Wales."