RealTime Location Solutions helps you to:
Not having the equipment required in the correct place and at the right time can impact workflows and have severe consequences for the patient.
A nurse spends 10–25 % of their time looking for other staff members.²
This can lead to workflow inefficiencies, which are time-consuming and costly.
Streamline operations with
RealTime Location Solutions (RTLS)
RealTime Location Solutions (RTLS)
- Ready-to-deploy departmental solutions
- Enduring enterprise-wide solutions
- 100+ use cases1
We can manage the entire RTLS value chain to drive targeted results for your healthcare enterprise
The data are postprocessed into actionable insights, and visualized through virtual interfaces.
1. RealTime Use Case Selection
We jointly define and prioritize current and future RTLS use cases, based on your strategic objectives. We enable future success of your RTLS through close involvement of all key stakeholders right from the start. The creation of a roadmap sets proper outlooks on expectable RTLS outcomes.
2. RealTime Solution Co-creation
We combine all suitable use cases, define technical requirements, and assemble appropriate hardware and software. Together we develop a multiple-year deployment model – including a profound business plan – that achieves value rapidly and provides a clear return on investment.
Patient Connection Services
allow patients to find their way around your facility more easily and provide real-time information on the current status of your patients within your processes1. These services also facilitate communication between patients and staff1.
Asset Optimization Services
provide an overview of the actual location and status of your assets.
Staff Connection Services1
automate the manual activities and interactions of your workforce and thus make it easier for them to coordinate their tasks and collaborate with each other.
Process Optimization Services
use data points from your current processes and aggregate them to produce information which is displayed in virtual live views.
Consulting & Transformation
Continuous lean transformation empowered by aggregated RTLS data
- Create performance transparency
- Identify limiting factors
- Reduce cost and waste
- Increase throughput and efficiency
Efficient clinical workflows and optimally coordinated patient and staff flow
- Automate processes
- Improve patient experience
- Improve staff satisfaction
- Enable better outcomes
Future-proof, flow-optimized design based on a RTLS-enhanced Digital Twin
- Leverage more accurate simulations
- Test design options in digital twin
- Model & test workflows
- Validate model outcomes tracking KPIs with RTLS
Learn how your peers are driving operational excellence with RTLS
Click on the "+" signs to explore more
Using real-time location data to increase productivity and patient satisfaction
“We are very pleased with the results of the digital twin project. This process improvement initiative, which leveraged our RTLS data, helped us to identify strategies to achieve significantly more appointments in the same physical space with minimal additional resources.”
Conrad Emmerich, SVP Supply Chain, Lab, Imaging & CPO
- Increase throughput: Address challenge of Preoperative Assessment Clinic (PAC) having reached its maximum throughput
- Drive effective change: Avoid disruptions by testing the performance of the improvement measures on a Digital Twin
- Improve patient experience: Test patient-centric workflows that reduce the Length of Stay of patients in the PAC
- Creation of a reliable Digital Twin of the PAC based on a large real-time dataset (RTLS)
- RTLS reduced the need for intensive field observations, saved workdays, avoided service disruption, avoided behavioral bias that reduces data accuracy, accelerated in-depth analysis, and validated the model
- The clinical team was engaged to suggest improvement measures and define scenarios to be compared
- The Digital Twin was configured to test the impact of changes on rooms, workforce, and workflows
- The simulation proved the effects of the changes, identified limiting factors, and suggested enhancements
- Increase of throughput in best-case scenario to reach up to 80 patients/day
- Best-performing scenario increases throughput while not impacting length of stay
- Ruled out the implementation of 80% of suggested measures after failing the stress test
Driving performance excellence with real-time location data in the perioperative area
“We feel confident that this digital twin technology will be instrumental in maximizing efficiency and optimizing the patient and family experience at the new MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital and Pearl Tourville Women’s Pavilion. These revolutionary digital advances will ultimately enable our providers to get better outcomes at a lower cost, by helping them forecast how well possible workflow solutions or health innovations may actually work in our new facility.”
Dr. Mark Scheurer, Chief of Children’s & Women’s Services, MUSC
- Optimize clinical operations: Drive operational and clinical excellence through continuous process improvement
- Manage complexity: Coordinate multiple resources effectively to balance operations, costs, and clinical outcomes
- Optimize patient experience: Create optimized perioperative processes for efficient, high-quality patient care
- RealTime Consulting & Transformation based on a real-time (RTLS), data-enhanced Digital Twin of the perioperative workflows
- Drive performance excellence across surgical suites, cardiac cath labs, and MR operations at the MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital and the Pearl Tourville Women’s Pavilion (SJCH/PTWP)
- Build a precise Digital Twin of the current workflows based on EHR, RIS, and high-value, reliable RTLS data – from assets, patients, and staff – instead of using imprecise, expensive time and motion studies
- Use quantitative data for evaluation, complex decision making, and prediction of outcomes for scenarios
- Provide actionable insight to make informed decisions about optimized processes before implementation
- Data-validated basis for decision making to optimize workflows and enhance patient experience
- Improvement of various KPIs (e.g., turnover, room utilization, and scheduling accuracy)
- Valuable real-time information for the hospital’s Decision Center to support daily optimization work
Improving operational outcomes and increasing patient and staff satisfaction
“RTLS can offer healthcare providers important and valid information about the location of their assets and patients. This helps them to accelerate and improve processes. It also enables them to increase the quality of care and enhance efficiency – to an extent that wasn't possible before.”
Prof. Alexander Cavallaro, MD, Senior Physician, Radiology Department
Image: Michael Rabenstein/Uni-Klinikum Erlangen
- Improving staff satisfaction: Reducing wasted time that is repeatedly spent searching for assets across the institution
- Enhancing patient experience: Improving orientation and movement of patients throughout the hospital
- Increasing operational efficiency: Leveraging real-time location data to optimize care provision
- Reference project using RealTime Location Solutions (RTLS) to increase efficiency and improve care provision in the radiology department
- Tagging of multiple assets (e.g., patient table, monitoring systems) to visualize location and specific asset features on user application on the desktop or cell phone
- Easy localization of devices through RealTime Asset Finder to support uninterrupted clinical workflows
- Optimized navigation for patients with RealTime Hospital Navigator to enhance the patient experience
- RealTime Asset Security to avoid theft or loss
- Scalable solution enables integration of further use cases
- 1h/day saved on searching for equipment
- Patient experience improved through digital wayfinding technology
- Workflows optimized for reducing costs and improving care delivery
Unlocking additional value with RTLS
Essa informação foi útil?
This service is under development and not commercially available. Its future availability cannot be ensured
The products/features and/or service offerings (here mentioned) are not commercially available in all countries. If the services are not marketed in countries due to regulatory or other reasons, the service offering cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.