In 2009, Siemens introduced Dot workflow technology, which today is comprised of 10 Dot engines - loaded with Siemens' automation functionality and efficient scanning optimizations.
In 2014, with the latest generation of Dot - DotGO - all of the engines are brought together with the Dot Cockpit, a central exam user interface available for MAGNETOM ESSENZA.
What is new with a Dot Upgrade – now with syngo MR E11?
The upgrade includes new hardware and the latest software version for approximately 1/5 the cost of a new system.1
The main components are:
Dot Cockpit – The key to intuitive protocol management
The Dot Cockpit enables you to optimize image quality throughout your exams in a given throughput requirement.
“…with DotGO, I was able to create a new protocol in 45 seconds”1,2,3
Anthony Pavone, Chief MRI Technologist
Zwanger-Pesiri Radiology, New York, U.S.
Dot engines – Quality results for each exam
Dot engines, such as the Brain Dot Engine, are available for various body regions. The Brain Dot Engine is standard and enables consistent brain imaging regardless of the patient condition – even if conditions change during the course of the exam. Brain examinations are standardized through less user interactions, greater ease-of-use, and patient-specific adaptations.
Latest MR applications with syngo MR E11 – Expand your MRI services
- Acquisitions insensitive to flow and motion, reducing physiologic motion artifacts with BLADE
- Stroke imaging and tumor differentiation with Inline Diffusion
- Visualization of fine structures such as cranial nerves, inner ear and spine as well as high-res cartilage imaging with CISS & DESS
- High-resolution imaging at significantly reduced breath-hold times with CAIPIRINHA
- Full assessment of minute lesions, e.g. multiple sclerosis with SPACE and SPACE DIR
- Multi-shot diffusion-weighted imaging with higher resolution and accuracy, and less susceptibility distortions with RESOLVE
- Evaluation of brain perfusion without contrast with 2D/3D ASL
- More accurate diagnosis of tissue surrounding orthopedic implants4 with Advanced WARP
- Overcoming contrast-agent timing issues and problems with motion in body imaging with FREEZEit
- Guided workﬂow to examine the hepatic fat and iron status with LiverLab
- Non-invasive assessment of variations in relative tissue stiffness to improve treatment decisions especially in liver ﬁbrosis with MR Elastography
- Better detect global, diffuse, myocardial pathologies or depict cardiac edema and improve early detection of iron overload with MyoMaps
- Overcome current limitations and enhance your clinical capabilities with non-contrast MR Angiography QISS5
“We are really satisfied with the Dot Upgrade. The installation required very little downtime and our technologists were able to work right away with the new user interface.”2
Dr. Jochen Hansmann, Chief Radiologist
Theresien Hospital, Mannheim, Germany