“When you embrace this digitalization and transforming your business to the 21st century in the digital age, you have to actually think about it with safety first, and security and resilience at its core.” – Melissa Hathaway
- Digital transformation introduces new threats to the healthcare business, its systems, and particularly its datasets.
- To embrace digital transformation, new governance mechanisms have to be introduced.
- The issue of “governance of risk” is very important in digital transformation.
- As well as embracing digital transformation, we must also calculate its risks.
- Technology problems should not be perceived as IT problems, but rather as business problems.
Watch Melissa Hathaway's full talk at the 2018 Executive Summit.
About the speaker
Melissa Hathaway is President of Hathaway Global Strategies LCC and a leading expert in cyberspace policy and cybersecurity. She has served under two U.S. presidential administrations as an advisor to national governmental organizations.