Innovation Think Tank (ITT) is a part of the Chief Technology Office of Siemens Healthineers. Driven by the need of interdisciplinary and self-sustaining infrastructures which are accessible for the entire departments, ITT was established in 2005. The global ITT infrastructure includes multiple innovation labs across Germany, China, India, Turkey, the United States, United Arab Emirates, and United Kingdom, addressing projects from 23 Siemens locations. The program success and recognition led to the establishment of ITT locations at prestigious healthcare institutions and universities.
ITT was founded and is headed globally by Prof. Sultan Haider, who is a Principal Key Expert at Siemens Healthineers (SHS), a title awarded to him by SHS Managing Board in the year 2008 for his outstanding innovation track record which includes the establishment of 56 innovation activity locations and over 500 inventions and patents filed. Furthermore, Prof. Haider has been awarded honorary directorships, professorships and has developed innovation infrastructures and implemented innovation management certification programs for top institutions.
Innovation Think Tank Facts and Figures
- 56 ITT activity locations established (ITT Labs/ ITT Certification Programs) at SHS, universities and hospitals sites across Germany, China, India, Turkey, the United States, United Arab Emirates, and United Kingdom
- 102 ITT certification programs conducted worldwide
- 900 + hospital visits conducted for various healthcare requirement engineering and portfolio definition projects
- 2500 + R&D and strategy projects experience
- Filed more than 1,600 inventions and patents
- 200 ITT Fellowships offered annually. Engaged with over 2500 researchers, professors and students from over 150 universities in 38 countries
- 3 public funding applications in FY20
Proactively drive innovation to improve human life
Utilizing global self-sustaining innovation infrastructures to accelerate identifying and implementing new business opportunities
Innovation Think Tank Methodology
The Innovation Think Tank Approach
It has been developed by Prof. Sultan Haider with unique experience of executing innovation programs and infrastructure worldwide. The approach is adaptable to changing business and research environments. The ITT approach includes the following as essentials for accelerating innovation life cycles:
- Acquire mandate
- Problem identification in an observation
- Root cause analysis
- Identifying interdependencies
- Stakeholders engagement
- Big picture creation
- Conception via trans-disciplinary expertise
- Decision proposition creation
- Implementation cycles optimization
The ITT approach has been used in its various labs and programs for project implementations accelerating innovation cycles and bringing significant cost savings. Over 250 product definition, R&D and open innovation projects are worked on annually in ITT’s global infrastructure.
Each year, the program offers 150 Innovation Think Tank Fellowships and learning programs to over 250 participants via its ITT Certification program worldwide. The program outcomes are further enriching the ITT approach and knowhow.