CLINITEK® Microalbumin 2 Reagent Strips
CLINITEK® Microalbumin 2 Strips provide albumin, creatinine and albumin-to-creatinine ratio results in one minute. The CLINITEK® Microalbumin product is useful to test for microalbuminuria in patients with diabetes or hypertension in order to detect early kidney disease. The strips are used on the CLINITEK Status® family of analyzers.
CLINITEK Microalbumin 2 Reagent Strips
Features & Benefits
CLINITEK® Microalbumin 2 Reagent Strips make it simple and easy to test patients with diabetes. Because testing for microalbuminuria can detect kidney disease in its early stages, physicians may begin intervention earlier than might otherwise have been possible. CLINITEK Microalbumin 2 Reagent Strips permit detection of elevated albumin sooner, more sensitively and more specifically than products designed for general protein testing.1
The American Diabetes Association has stated that "Annual testing for microalbuminuria will allow identification of patients with nephropathy at a point very early in its course."1
The CLINITEK Microalbumin 2 Reagent Strips provide semi-quantitative results with a hard-copy report on the CLINITEK Status® family of analyzers, making them ideal for point-of-care testing. Patient samples can be tested immediately during a physician, clinic or hospital visit, rather than sending them out and waiting for results. The strips are also convenient for testing random urine samples, eliminating the need to collect a timed sample.
The CLINITEK Microalbumin 2 Reagent Strips are CLIA-waived for use on the CLINITEK Status Family of Analyzers.
Tests available include:
Albumin-to-Creatinine (A:C) ratio results
Quick Reference Guide for CLINITEK Status+ Analyzer
• Turn ON CLINITEK Status®+ analyzer.
• Turn table insert so reagent strip holder is facing upwards.
• Be sure test table and table insert are clean.
• When the "Select" screen appears, touch the Strip Test screen button.
• To begin testing, remove a reagent strip from the bottle.
• Immediately replace the bottle cap.
• Read Steps 3 and 4 and then proceed with Step 3
• Touch START on the "Prepare Test" screen.
• Now complete Step 4 in 8 seconds.
• Dip (1) strip in urine sample, wetting all pads.
• Immediately remove strip from urine.
• Drag (2) the edge of the strip against the side of the sample container as you remove it.
• Blot (3) by touching the edge of strip to paper towel to remove excess urine.
• Place (4) reagent strip in channel of table, with test pads facing up.
• Slide or push strip to end of channel. Do not touch the reagent pads on the test strip
• After 8 seconds, test table will automatically be pulled into the instrument.
• When analysis is complete, the "Results" screen will be displayed.
• Touch More to view the second "Results" screen.
When Test is Finished
• Discard reagent strip.
• Wipe table insert with damp tissue between tests to remove any urine residue, if needed.
• Record or print result, and report with Patient ID, as per laboratory practice.
1DIABETES CARE, VOLUME 35, SUPPLEMENT 1, JANUARY 2012 S11
The products/features (mentioned herein) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.