Version: July 2019
Controller, categories of data, purpose of processing, legal basis
Siemens Healthcare GmbH („Siemens Healthineers”) may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Name and job information such as job title, institution
- Contact data such as address, email address
Siemens Healthineers processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Planning, organization and implementation of your visit to Siemens Healthineers including the provision of services such as hotel bookings, transportation, meals
- Communication regarding your visit
Compliance with legal requirements and guidelines
The processing of your personal data is necessary to meet the aforementioned purposes. Unless indicated otherwise, the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Article 6 (1) (b), (c) and (f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Siemens Healthineers has a legitimate interest in the processing of your personal data for the purpose of providing and performing our services around your visit. If Siemens Healthineers does not collect the respective personal data, the purposes described may not be met by Siemens Healthineers.
We delete your personal data after a maximum period of two years after your visit unless statutory retention obligations under applicable law (such as tax or commercial law) require us to further retain your personal data.
Recipients and transfer of personal data
For the purposes mentioned above your personal data may be transferred to and processed by the following recipients:
- Siemens Healthineers AG group companies
- Service providers that support Siemens Healthineers, for example hotels, pick up services
- If legally permitted to do so, courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
Sometimes the recipients of your personal data may be located in countries outside of the EU/European Economic Area (“third country”), in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data protection as the laws within the EU/European Economic Area.
In such cases, Siemens Healthineers takes measures to implement appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of personal data by other means. In particular, Siemens Healthineers transfers personal data to external recipients in third countries only in case the respective recipient:
- entered into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with Siemens Healthineers; or
- implemented Binding Corporate Rules in its organization; further information about the Siemens BCR can be found here; or
- in case of US recipients – the recipient is certified under the EU US Privacy Shield.
You may contact Siemens Healthineers for further information and/or copies of the safeguards implemented.
Under applicable data protection law within the EU/European Economic Area you may - provided that the respective legal pre-conditions are met - have the right to:
- obtain from Siemens Healthineers confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to your personal data;
- obtain from Siemens Healthineers the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- obtain from Siemens Healthineers the erasure of your personal data;
- obtain from Siemens Healthineers restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- obtain from Siemens Healthineers a copy of personal data concerning you, which you actively provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request from Siemens Healthineers to transmit those data to another recipient selected by you; and
- object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
If you wish to assert one of your rights and/or receive further information, please use the following contact.
Data privacy contact for questions and complaints
The Data Privacy Officer of Siemens Healthineers and the Siemens Healthineers Data Protection Organization provide support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights.
The Data Privacy Officer of Siemens Healthineers and the Siemens Healthineers Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: https://www.bkms-system.net/SHS-DP
The Data Privacy Officer of Siemens Healthineers and the Siemens Healthineers Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Data Privacy Officer of Siemens Healthineers and the Siemens Healthineers Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.