As part of our global strategic partnership, Siemens and Varian have jointly developed ARIA®1 connectivity. The ARIA oncology information system is a comprehensive information and image management solution that lets you oversee all aspects of oncology care for your patients. ARIA combines radiation, medical and surgical oncology information into a complete, oncology-specific EMR that allows you to manage the patient's entire journey – from initial diagnosis through post-treatment follow-up.
Features & Benefits
On-demand access to oncology-specific patient information and images streamlines clinical workflow. ARIA1 incorporates image processing and review tools to support today's image-based radiation treatment techniques. The system supports the entire clinical process for medical and radiation oncology practices and comprehensive cancer centers, including the development and management of complex clinical trials.
Expanded treatment capabilities can improve the quality of patient care. Effective process improvement and cost containment initiatives can increase overall department profitability.
- Position your department as a clinical leader in your community by offering patients sophisticated treatment techniques
- Optimize staff and equipment resources for greater efficiency and faster patient throughput
- Submit claims for all chargeable events, and minimize claims denials and underpayments
Unlike general-use hospital information systems, ARIA's oncology-specific EMR provides you with the unique tools you need to manage the specifics of the disease, not just the department.
- Prescribe chemotherapy or radiation therapy from a selection of regimens or customized prescription templates
- Evaluate diagnostic and treatment images from anywhere in the department
- Be confident that your oncology decisions are supported with embedded oncology industry standard grading scales and libraries
Use ARIA with Eclipse3 or any DICOM-compliant treatment planning system. Since Eclipse information is stored in the Varian system database, no import or export of plan data is required with ARIA.
- Know you are always working with up-to-date patient information.
- Streamline treatment plan development and approval process
- Perform weekly physicist chart checks to compare planned versus actual radiation treatment values
ARIA helps streamline department workflow and lets you spend more time focused on your patients and less time chasing paper charts.
- Review acquired images for patient setup verification
- Reposition treatment couch remotely from the treatment control console area
- Create templates for routine documentation
- Post activity charges at the point of care
1Product of Varian Medical Systems.
2EQUICARE CS is a web-based survivorship management solution developed in conjunction with Equicare Health Solutions.
3Eclipse Treatment Planning System is a product of Varian Medical Systems and is sold by Siemens under licence agreement.