The ADVIA Centaur® Zika test* is intended for in vitro diagnostic use in the presumptive qualitative detection of IgM antibodies to the Zika virus in human serum and plasma using the ADVIA Centaur XP and ADVIA Centaur XPT Systems.
Importance of Zika IgM Diagnosis:
- Zika virus (ZIKV) infection in pregnant women increases the risk of having a baby with congenital Zika syndrome, which includes features such as microcephaly.1-3
- Detection of ZIKV-specific IgM antibodies is used for diagnosis and appropriate clinical management of patients.3
- Accurate diagnosis of ZIKV assists in public-health surveillance by tracking the spread of infection and aids in controlling the epidemic.4
ADVIA Centaur Zika Test Benefits:
- Detect positive infections with limited cross-reactivity to other flaviviruses 8 days after onset of symptoms or risk of exposure.
- Consolidate infectious-disease testing on one automated platform (ADVIA Centaur XP and ADVIA Centaur XPT).
- Improve lab efficiency by using an automated test that can be used with serum and plasma samples and has good onboard stability and a long calibration interval.
The ADVIA Centaur Zika Test requires the use of two assays.
- The detection of IgM antibodies to the Zika virus is determined by combining in an algorithm the measurements of the ADVIA Centaur Zika Ab (ZikaAb) Assay and, as applicable, the ADVIA Centaur Zika IgM (ZikaM) Assay.
- All patient samples must be tested initially with the ADVIA Centaur ZikaAb assay.
- All ADVIA Centaur ZikaAb equivocal samples must be tested with the ADVIA Centaur ZikaM assay.
Molecular Zika Virus Testing:
- Real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (rRT-PCR) should be performed during the first two weeks after symptom onset, and on urine samples collected less than 14 days after symptom onset.
- A negative rRT-PCR result does not exclude ZIKV infection and serum should be analyzed by IgM antibody (serological) testing.
Get more information on the Siemens Versant® Zika RNA 1.0 assay (kPCR) kit.
Fill out the form below if you would like to be contacted by a Siemens Healthineers representative about the Zika virus assay.