The RAPIDPoint® 500e system elevates Siemens Healthineers blood gas offering to a new level, allowing you to spend more time focused on patient care. Implement a proven end-to-end blood gas solution that reduces the daily burden of device management and enables you to give your full care and attention where it matters most.
With an improved user experience, the analyzer transforms care delivery, setting an elevated standard in simplicity, quality assurance, and data security for healthcare organizations.
Enabling you to deliver high-value care.
Technology to enable robust accuracy from sample to sample and confidence in every result.
Features & Benefits
Integri-sense™ Technology – Redefining System and Sample Integrity
- Comprehensive series of analyzer functional checks and flagging mechanisms deliver accurate test results
- Performs frequent quality and blood integrity checks before, during, and after every patient sample
- Helps reduce time to diagnosis and treatment with robust accuracy from sample to sample
- Three levels of independent automatic quality control, multiple calibration routines, and advanced software algorithms enable reliable and clinically actionable test results
- Siemens Healthineers-designed Integri-sense™ Technology—the guardian of patient results
Heightened System and Data Security – Minimizing System Vulnerability
- Provides latest defenses to guard confidential patient data coupled with leading built-in technology to protect your institution from external cybersecurity threats
- WINDOWS 10 operating system with McAfee embedded anti-malware to block unknown and unauthorized programs from running
- Two-step authentication process, encrypted password requirement for patient data transfer, and firewall to block hacking attempts
Simplicity - Allowing You More Time to Focus on Your Patients
- Maintenance-free analyzer with user-friendly interface enables you to spend more time improving patient outcomes and less time acquiring results
- Fully cartridge-based analyzer, with no maintenance requirements
- Measurement cartridge includes planar sensors, sample probe, and CO-ox chamber (replaced with every new cartridge)
- Unique sample port is part of the advanced clot management and air bubble detection mechanism
- Only 100 µL of sample is necessary to run a full panel
- Syringe and capillary samples handled the same, and operator variability eliminated with hands-free automatic sampling
We’ve created a detailed information kit for you, which contains our Security White Paper and videos to help you better understand the technology that differentiates the RAPIDPoint 500e Blood Gas System.
The RAPIDPoint 500e system also supports additional sample types: pleural fluid pH, Na+, K+, Ca++, Cl-.
Whole blood (arterial, venous, mixed venous and capillary); pleural fluid.
Time to results
Approximately 60 seconds
Automatic QC or ampule QC
Cartridge initialization time
Approximately 24 minutes
28 days onboard, or maximum number of tests
Integrated Barcode Scanner
1D barcode symbologies
Code 128, Codabar, Code 39, Character/Digit, Interleaved 2 of 5
2D barcode symbologies
PDF47, MicroPDF417, Datamatrix, QR Code, Micro QR Code, Aztec, and Maxicode
MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 IoT
Patient data encryption
MCAFEE enabled anti-malware
Two-step operator authentification
No hard-coded password
USB on/off functionality
Did this information help you?
† RAPIDPoint Systems includes RAPIDPoint 500 Blood Gas Systems.