Cinematic Anatomy is an immersive application designed to transform anatomy education at medical universities, schools and hospitals.
Based on the patented Cinematic Rendering algorithm real patient data (CT/MR DICOM) is visualized in a three-dimensionally photorealistic view enabling to easily understand the spatial characteristics of anatomical structures and pathologies.
The user can explore the diversity and complexity of human anatomy on a PC, with Stereoview 3D Glasses or in Virtual/Augmented reality set ups.
Cinematic Anatomy improves anatomy education with various features
Student use case -Demo video
Educator use case -Demo video
Surgeon use case -Demo video
Cinematic Anatomy helps to address your needs
Cinematic Anatomy helps students to
- Better and faster understand anatomical structures and spatial characteristics through photorealistic 3D visualization
- Combine knowledge from 2D anatomy books with 3D visualization
- Understand the diverse and complex individual anatomy, anatomical variations, pathology, and age-related degeneration
- Reduce dependency on body donations while decreasing the cost of cadaver courses, models and illustrative materials
- Enhance your institution's reputation and its attractiveness to students
Cinematic Anatomy helps you to
- Sustain patient loyalty while increasing patient satisfaction with improved visualization of complex anatomical problems
- Enhance training of resident physicians with CR for better understanding of spatial relations
- Enhance workforce productivity while reducing time with improved interdisciplinary communication among physicians and patients.
- Provide accurate spatial visualization of research results and ease of sharing contents and images with peers
- Enhance your reputation as cutting-edge institution
Cinematic Anatomy helps you to
- Improve visual presentation with a flexible setup for new subject areas.
- Open up new content fields with the possibility to explain medical content in an easy way and attract your institutions for a new audience
- Enhance your institution´s reputation and differentiate from competitors
Explore what our customers think about Cinematic Anatomy
„The advantage of virtual dissection with Cinematic Anatomy – apart from the cost – is that it’s reversible. And because the photorealistic visualizations are from real patient cases, you still feel a high emotional engagement of the students.“1
„The quality of the visualization of structures and tissues with Cinematic Rendering is amazing. It allows for lively lectures and intensifies the understanding of anatomical structures and spatial characteristics through photo-realistic visualization. I am totally convinced that this application must and will find its way into the anatomy education in the near future.“1
Prof. Dr. Michael Scholz, Anatomical Institute Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen
The project "Virtual Anatomy" by the Ars Electronica Futurelab in cooperation with Siemens Healthineers and the JKU Linz has been awarded at the E&T Innovation Awards 2022 for "Best Emerging Technology of the Year". Additionally the team achieved a silver medal in the category "Most innovative solution in digital health and social care".
Read the full article here
Cinematic Anatomy Q&A sessions
Would you like to discover more about the new application from Siemens Healthineers using MR and CT cinematic rendering to help you teach anatomy. Please register with the contact form below.
Q&A sessions for new / trial license user
- Mondays 12 – 1.00 pm (CET)
- Fridays 3.30 – 4.30 pm (CET)
Cinematic Anatomy Expert Talk series - latest sessions
Did you miss our sessions? Just watch the replay and relive the highlights.
10-day trial package
Try it out and download your Cinematic Anatomy application now.
Make sure you meet the hardware requirements.
Software package for activation with license key