Our single source CT scan machine SOMATOM® X.cite, combined with myExam Companion, launches the era of intelligent imaging. myExam Companion guides users intuitively through any procedure, adjusting key parameters to individual patients. This allows technologists of any skill level to unlock the full potential of this new high-end system, including its Vectron® X-ray tube and large, 82 cm bore. No matter the patient or complexity of the procedure, SOMATOM X.cite and myExam Companion together enables users to reduce unwarranted variations – and generate consistent, comprehensive results.
SOMATOM X.cite empowers excellence in computed tomography.
Intelligent imaging. Excellence empowered.
SOMATOM X.cite with myExam Companion allows users of any skill level to unlock the full potential of this CT scan machine. Discover the innovative features of SOMATOM X.cite and learn how it empowers excellence in computed tomography.
FAST 3D Camera*
- Right dose modulation
- Correct body region
- Right scan direction
- Guides technologists of all experience levels through routine examinations as well as more complex procedures
- Procedures become more personalized for patients, easier for technologists, and more consistent for radiologists
Vectron® X-ray tube
- 1,200 mA @ 70, 80, 90 kV
- 0.6 x 0.7 (IEC) focal spot
- 70 – 150 kV in steps of 10 kV
VPI and Patient Observation Camera*
- Improve compliance with breathing commands thanks to color-coded breath-hold countdown
- Displayed on the front and back of the tunnel
- Standardize and simplify all departmental processes – from patient setup to image distribution, archiving, and reading
- Tablets allow you to stay close to your patient which results in higher efficiency, and higher patient comfort
82 cm bore
- Large bore helps patients and users to relax
- Ideal for obese patients, and orthopedic or interventional procedures
- With anti-scatter 3D collimator grid
- TrueSignal technology with full electronic integration
- Edge technology enabling the generation of 0.5 mm slices
Low kV imaging and Tin Filter
- Powerful low-dose scanning
- Tin-filtered topogram
Download our digital product brochure
Discover the interactive SOMATOM X.cite brochure. It offers a wealth of information about our CT scanner and interactive content, including image galleries and videos.1 The digital brochure is available as both iPDF and ePUB format.
- Enjoy the SOMATOM X.cite interactive brochure on your desktop computer or on the go, using your laptop, tablet, smartphone, or dedicated e-reader device.
- The iPDF requires the free Acrobat Reader. The ePUB file can be opened with an
e-book reader, a reader app, a Mac computer, or an iPhone.
- You can download the interactive brochure for offline reading.
- Please note: Because the iPDF has 210 MB and the ePUB 252 MB, the download can take up to a few minutes (depending on your Internet connection).
1Internet connection is required to view the linked videos.
Features & Benefits
Intelligent navigation for enhanced consistency
myExam Companion is a new approach to CT scan machine operation, designed to make technologists’ work easier and more efficient.
- Interactive guidance: myExam Companion guides users through procedures via intuitive interfaces, using a simple, natural language and visuals that are easy to follow – even on unfamiliar CT scan machines.
- Patient-specific support: The CT system optimizes acquisition and reconstruction parameters for the individual patient, so users can focus better on the patient and on consistent acquisition.
- Comprehensive, consistent results: This intelligent imaging technology works with technologists to unlock the full potential of high-end features, which helps reduce unwarranted variations.
Intelligent cardiac imaging in CT
See yourself how myExam Companion helps you to navigate through a CT scan
Patient-friendly design with an 82 cm bore
SOMATOM X.cite is designed to transform how patients interact with both technologists and the CT scan machine – and how they perceive their care.
- Patient-centric features: The large, 82 cm bore and Patient Observation Camera are designed specifically to help both patients and users relax. Ideal for obese patients and trauma, orthopedic or interventional procedures.
- More time for patients: myExam Companion performs key tasks in the background so that users can focus better on their patients. The tablet-based mobile workflow maximizes the time users they spend table-side.
- Support for compliance: Enhanced interfaces like the Visual Patient Instruction (VPI) and the Patient Observation Camera can improve compliance by making communication with the patient easier and more natural.
Personalized imaging for consistent, comprehensive results
Comprehensive information can help radiologists with assessment, etc. – no matter the patient or procedure.
- Intelligent user guidance: myExam Companion helps technologists tailor acquisition to the individual patient.
- High power and resolution: The Vectron® X-ray tube and the StellarInfinity detector® are part of an outstanding imaging chain that makes SOMATOM X.cite uniquely equipped to improve personalization.
- Comprehensive information, no matter what: myExamCompanion calculates coronary segmentations, and spine and rib unfolding, with zero clicks.
Consistent standards across your institution
With transparent and consistent CT throughput, fleet managers can set their own diagnostic benchmarks.
- Centralized consistency: With myExam Companion and the teamplay cloud application, you can redefine and standardize protocols from one central location.
- Standardization without disruption: With centralized access, standardizing protocols across your institution doesn’t have to disrupt daily CT operations.
- Sharing made simple: With a shared visual logic and scan philosophy, it’s easy to optimize clinical workflow, staffing schedules, results and productivity.
Adaptive Cardio Spiral
CTDIvol 13.8 mGy
DLP 302.2 mGy*cm
Exposure time 10 s
Scan length 219 mm
Rotation time 0.3 s
HR approx. 50 bpm
- Robust cardiac imaging with myExam Companion
- Enhanced delineation of soft and hard plaque thanks to ADMIRE iterative reconstruction
- Cinematic VRT
- 0.8 mm MPRs used for reconstructions
- Curved MPR of LAD
Courtesy of University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
"We love the new workflow: the automatic patient positioning, the simplified tablet UI and the amazing reconstruction speed."
Clínica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
“Excellent image quality especially in regards to challenging CT applications like low radiation dose, image contrast for low kV, and high resolution imaging e.g. for temporal bone imaging.”
University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
“I had more room and didn’t feel so trapped than in previous exams, and the scan went much faster. The visual guidance made me feel more confident despite my hearing issues.”
Clínica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Vectron® X-ray tube
Number of acquired slices
In-plane temporal resolution
Max. scan speed
up to 21.7 cm/s
Max. mA (70, 80, 90 kV)
307 kg / 676 lbs*
One room concept < 17 m2 / 183 ft2 (Subject to local regulations. Safety distances must be checked according to country-specific requirements.)
The statements by Siemens Healthineers' customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer's unique setting. Since there is no "typical" hospital and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, case mix, level of IT adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.