Siemens Healthineers helps you meet the challenges involved in establishing reference intervals for tests performed in the pediatric setting. We have conducted extensive studies to establish clinically relevant pediatric reference intervals for many disease states on Siemens Healthineers systems, including Atellica® Solution, ADVIA Centaur®, Dimension® EXL™, and IMMULITE® 2000/XPi systems. Benefits include:
- Accurately determined reference intervals using robust statistically sound studies and well-characterized healthy populations for proper clinical interpretation of pediatric lab results
- Increased lab efficiency and cost effectiveness by use of established pediatric reference intervals*
- Improved workflow through optimized processing of pediatric samples with minimal sample volume requirements
Developing accurate reference intervals is often impeded by limited availability of samples from healthy pediatric populations. Fast, accurate results with appropriate age-specific reference intervals from the laboratory can help physicians diagnose and determine treatment in a timely manner. Siemens Healthineers is committed to providing these reference intervals and supporting initiatives to protect the lives of our most vulnerable patients.
Pediatric reference intervals: current and future application in laboratory testing
Reference intervals are essential tools used by clinicians to interpret laboratory tests results to determine whether a patient is healthy or unhealthy. Recognition that separate reference intervals are needed for children and adolescents from adults has presented many challenges for laboratory scientists.
Performance evaluation of the Atellica CH Total Bilirubin_2 Assay to include neonates
Total bilirubin is formed by the breakdown of hemoglobin by the liver. In newborns, particularly those born prematurely, increased bilirubin is often due to the immature liver being unable to produce the enzyme needed to breakdown the bilirubin. If bilirubin accumulates to toxic levels, the newborn is at risk for brain damage and other complications.
Pediatric Reference Intervals Reference Guide
Age-specific reference intervals for select Atellica CH, Atellica IM, ADVIA Centaur, Dimension EXL, and IMMULITE 2000/XPi Assays to aid physicians diagnose and determine treatment in a timely manner.
Webinar: The Importance of Pediatric Reference Intervals for Diagnostic Testing
In this webinar, Dr. Khosrow Adeli discusses how to best overcome the challenges involved in establishing reference intervals for proper clinical interpretation of pediatric lab results, aiding the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric patients. After attending this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe the challenges of interpreting diagnostic tests for children.
- Learn how pediatric reference intervals can be established for your laboratory.
- Understand how pediatric reference intervals lead to successful diagnosis and treatment
Attendees of this webinar are entitled to P.A.C.E. credits from the ASCLS and/or ACCENT credits from the AACC.