Due to these delays, there is already an increase in demand for cancer services and oncology appointments. In the process, a huge increase in patient volume is expected in the coming months, so cancer programs must begin now planning for the coming backlog.
This paper, written in collaboration with ECG Management Consultants, introduces seven various key strategies to help cancer programs manage this increase.
Key takeaways from the paper
- Prepare clinical operations to accommodate an increase in patient demand while ensuring patient and staff safety Develop or maintain strict safety protocols to ensure the safety of patients
- Prepare the clinical and nonclinical workforce to respond to increases in demand
- Update the cancer care facilities to meet current social distancing requirements, while at the same time accommodating additional patient volumes
- Thoughtfully resume clinical research efforts
- Enhance communication with patients, allaying their fears while also educating them about the risks inherent with delaying treatment
- Deploy financial management systems to maximize revenue
Stay tuned with regular executive insights
Subscribe to discover thought-provoking ideas, gain practical solutions to today’s most pressing healthcare challenges, and receive our Insights Series.