Have you ever wondered how point-of-care testing can reshape your pharmacy business?
Imagine this: A major American retail pharmacy services more than 8 million customers per day in its stores and online.1 In addition, 30.3 million Americans, or 9.4% of the population, have diabetes.2 That retail pharmacy chain is potentially serving more than 750,000 diabetics each day.
As the age of our population increases, so do the prevalence and risk of chronic diseases. Today, pharmacies can play a larger role in the monitoring of patients with chronic diseases such as diabetes and kidney disease. Supplementing primary care and offering in-pharmacy diagnostic testing programs, pharmacies provide important access to healthcare in communities around the country.
Here are five ways that Siemens Healthineers point-of-care analyzers and tests can help you manage your patients’ chronic diseases in-pharmacy:
- CLIA-waived3: Minimum-step test procedures with no sample or reagent preparation.
- Results in minutes: Allows for patient counseling immediately after testing to help improve outcomes.
- Lab-quality results: Results proven to correlate well with reference laboratory methods.
- Error-free data capture: Flexible analyzer connectivity supports auto-transmission of test and QC results.
- World-class technical support: Our customer care teams provide assistance and consultation.