Visualization of lower leg vessels, collaterals in a patient with stenoses and occlusions
syngo TWIST (Time-resolved angiography With Interleaved Stochastic Trajectories) is a time-resolved 3D MRA technique with very high temporal (sub-second) and spatial resolution (sub-millimeter) which can allow the capture the multiple arterial, mixed, venous phase images during the passage of a contrast agent.
Features & Benefits
- Substantial reduction in gadolinium chelate dose
- The ability to obtain multiple phases
- No need for a test bolus (or any other kind of bolus timing)
- iPAT in two directions with a factor up to 9 (optional with iPAT extensions)
- Peripheral angiography (Better hemodynamic evaluation of stenosis and collaterals, elimination of venous contamination)
- Dynamic carotid, vertebral MRA (steal phenomenon, stenosis, collaterals…)
- Dynamic mesenteric, portal MRA
- Dynamic Aortography (Aortic dissection visualization, differentiation of false and true lumen with the help of dynamic MRA)
syngo TWIST is based on special k-space sampling. In this setting, k-space is divided into two regions. The centrally located region of k-space provides information regarding image contrast, the peripherally located aspect of k-space contributes principally to high spatial resolution. The main factor contributing to the acceleration of the sequence acquisition in this particular imaging approach is the fact that k-space lines in the center are more frequently sampled than are the k-space lines in the periphery during the passage of the contrast medium bolus through the covered 3D volume.
- Biograph mMR
- MAGNETOM Aera
- MAGNETOM Amira
- MAGNETOM Prisma
- MAGNETOM Skyra
- MAGNETOM Verio
- MAGNETOM Vida
Minimum Software Version
syngo MR B15
syngo MR D11
Memory extension may be necessary
Please Note: Additional technical pre-requisites may apply. Upon receiving your request, your local Siemens representative will clarify whether your system meets the requirements.