MR imaging of children1 can be challenging. Different disease types, physiology and behavior all can have a direct impact on image quality. Our trendsetting solutions help you overcome these challenges to enable high-quality diagnostic imaging of all body regions in a safe, child-friendly environment.
Help address fear and anxiety concerns before an MR exam
Have fun helping your young patients build an MRI scanner model while explaining the exam procedure.2 The MR paper models offer you the chance to explain the exam steps in an easy and entertaining way. Additionally, you may use our app to provide a virtual exam experience and prepare your patients for the examination.
Reduce sound pressure by up to 97%3
Quiet Suite lets you improve pediatric patients' experience significantly.1 Now you can conduct complete, quiet neurological and orthopedic exams, with no compromises in image quality.
- Reduced risks with pediatric and fetal imaging
- No compromises in image quality
- Reduced need for sedation and/or rescans
- Optimized patient comfort, especially for delicate patients
Light-weight, high-density, coils
Small, high-density coils close to the body are needed to ensure high-SNR, high-resolution, fast imaging without risk from excess weight.
- New Pediatric 16 for safe, comfortable positioning of infants and high-resolution imaging of the brain. It can be combined with the spine, body and flex coils for whole body imaging
- Standard Body and Flex coils: extremely light, flexible, and can be safely placed on or wrapped around a child
- Special Purpose Coil for high-resolution, smaller-FoV imaging.
Improve access and workflow
Improve access and create a more comfortable and friendly atmosphere for your pediatric patients.
- 70 cm Open Bore and ultra-short magnet length improve access
- Features such as the Illumination MoodLight create a more friendly atmosphere for your patients
- Prepare your patients outside the scanner room with the Tim Dockable Table
Expand pediatric1 MRI beyond brain imaging
A wide range of revolutionary features and applications gives you high-quality, high-resolution images, even in challenging cases. From free-breathing abdominal imaging, extremely short breathholds, to high-resolution DWI – we revolutionize what’s possible.
Advanced coil technology allows excellent anatomical resolution
Head/neck imaging with several fat suppression techniques to choose from
Trendsetting applications for high resolution and fast body imaging
Up to whole-body vessels visualization support therapy planning
Flex coil can be wrapped around an individual hip for focused signal
Improved workflow for fast, high resolution knee imaging
Free-breathing, contrast-enhanced body imaging
Children1, may not be able to hold their breath for contrast-enhanced imaging of the abdomen. StarVIBE is robust to motion artifacts and makes free-breathing and contrast-enhanced exams possible.
- Patients can breathe freely throughout the scan
- High-resolution, diagnostic images free from motion artifacts
High-resolution 3D imaging with reduced breath-hold times
Liver imaging can now be performed in 10 seconds. CAIPIRINHA is a parallel imaging data acquisition technique that can be combined with 3D T1 VIBE or 3D Dixon and offers four contrasts (in phase, opposed phase, fat, and water) in a single breath-hold.
- Higher SNR
- Higher PAT factors are enabled with excellent image quality
- Used pattern distribute k-space points more uniformly
- Reduced patient stress by reducing breath-holds
- Learn more
Outstanding diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI)
RESOLVE delivers diffusion-weighted images with high anatomical accuracy enabling better detection and delineation of small lesions in the brain and spine.
- High-quality, high-resolution DWI and DTI for brain and spine
- Reduced susceptibility and blurring artifacts
- Insensitivity to motion-induced phase errors
- Reduced SAR in comparison to TSE-based methods
Listen to and read what our pediatric MRI1 users have to say:
Interview with Prof. Dr. Schneider
At the ECR 2014, we spoke with Prof. Dr. Schneider to hear how new technologies such as FREEZEit make a big difference in how liver MRI exams are performed. Being able to overcome the problem of breathing artifacts has a significant effect on pediatric imaging, for example.
"Technological advancement has expanded the role of MRI in pediatrics from being predominantly a brain imaging technology to being a comprehensive multi-organ modality."4
"Radial VIBE (StarVIBE) sequence is ideal for MR imaging of pediatric patients. It significantly improves overall image quality and is motion robust, allowing for optimal imaging in free-breathing sedated pediatric patients."4
"RESOLVE [...] should serve to revolutionize spine imaging just as DWI did when it was introduced into routine imaging of the brain."4
“The PETRA sequence generates close to no acoustic noise and the QuietX SWI 20 dB less noise than conventional SWI. The quiet sequences are gentle for children and have been very useful in imaging pediatric patients. They provide a more comfortable scanning environment without compromising image quality.”4