N Latex CDT Assay
The N Latex CDT assay for use on BN™ II and BN ProSpec® Systems provides a highly specific screening method for the detection of alcohol abuse. The CDT level increases and decreases with the amount of alcohol consumed; therefore, many different applications are possible, such as differential diagnosis of alcohol-induced versus nonalcohol-induced diseases, legal applications (e.g., for regranting of driver’s license), workplace testing, or forensic toxicology.
- Fully automated immunoassay with no sample pretreatment required
- Highly specific monoclonal antibody that directly detects CDT
- Automatic calculation of %CDT by running CDT and transferrin assays simultaneously
- Fast availability of results—within 20 minutes (total assay time)
- Random-access capability
- Reliable results—excellent recovery between labs, systems, and lots