nexaris MR - workflow in customer setting
In this video, the team at the Clínica Universidad de Navarra (CUN) shows in detail how to integrate an intra-operative MR scan in the surgery workflow with nexaris MR.
Courtesy: Clínica Universidad de Navarra
As part of our nexaris Therapy Suites, our solution previously known as MAGNETOM Combi Suite Neurosurgery, is now called nexaris MR. nexaris MR combines premium MRI technology with state-of-the art OR solutions. Resulting in highly detailed image quality, safe, efficient patient set-up and -transport, as well as cost-effective and flexible solutions for siting and OR tables.
MRI guidance in neurosurgery can significantly improve the management of brain tumor patients:
- Revealing residual tumor in 65% of patients in an intraoperative setting.1
- Maximizing the extent of resection,improving patient survival by up to 55%.1
- Helping to achieve five times more total resections, compared to white-light surgery.2
Características y Beneficios
MAGNETOM Combi Suite Neurosurgery combines premium MRI technology with state-of-the art OR solutions. Resulting in highly detailed image quality, safe, efficient patient set-up and -transport, as well as cost-effective and flexible solutions for siting and OR tables.
Excellence in imaging
MRI-guided neurosurgery with MAGNETOM Aera and MAGNETOM Skyra. Siemens´ top-of-the line MRI systems for optimizing your neurosurgical procedures – before, during and after surgery. For example, better access and more satisfied patients due to 70 cm Open Bore, short system length, and light-weight coils.
Efficiency in workflow
Single patient transfer and flexible patient positioning with the Combi Dockable Table Neurosurgery.
- Self-aligning floor dock support3
- Greater flexibility in patient positioning with 55 mm under the transfer board
- Self-aligning dock at MR
- Docking and undocking of table from MR possible with all coils plugged in
- Single patient transfers each way with no patient repositioning4
Flexibility in neurosurgery
Flexible neurosurgery options with a choice of compatible OR Tables.
- Choice of two different OR Tables5
- Compatible head holders with 8 channel coils5
- Head holders easily positioned on transfer board, extending beyond the OR table
- Greater flexibility in head positioning with up to 55 mm below the transfer board
Effectiveness in operation
Easy siting and integration of MRI systems with different room solutions.
With their small footprints, MAGNETOM Aera and MAGNETOM Skyra are easy to site and quickly integrated in your intraoperative setting.
Being a complete, yet flexible solution, MAGNETOM Combi Suite Neurosurgery provides great versatility to fit your needs and ensures optimal use of your facilities.
- Two-room siting scenario: Combine one operating room with one MR room open for routine diagnostics.
- Three-room siting scenario Possibility to have two operating rooms combined with one MR room open for routine diagnostics.
nexaris MR allows for MRI in the Neuro-OR setting with a smooth patient transfer to and from the MRI system. Intraoperative MR imaging provides valuable information that might change your surgical strategy.
Top-of-the-line MRI systems and OR tables
nexaris MR can be configured to your needs: You can integrate MAGNETOM Aera or MAGNETOM Skyra the OR table of choice: The dedicated solution is compatible with both MAQUET and TRUMPF surgical tables.
The enabler: Combi Dockable Table
The dedicated Combi Dockable Table transfers your patient to and from the MRI system – with one single transfer, robust, smooth, and flexible. Designed with your neurosurgical workflow in mind, the table offers free space below the shell to attach your head clamp, allowing better ergonomics for you and the patient.
Discover superior MRI visualization of brain morphology and function and benefit from intraoperative MRI applications.