Diagnostic MR imaging of children1 can be very challenging. Siemens' trendsetting solutions help overcome many of these challenges to enable high-quality, high-resolution, diagnostic imaging of all body regions.
Pediatric MRICaring for our youngest and most vulnerable
Imaging children1 poses challenges, such as different disease types, different physiology and behavior - all have a direct impact on MRI pediatric imaging. Learn about our complete spectrum of solutions to overcome these challenges and create a safe, efficient, and child-friendly environment.
Help reduce fear and anxiety before an MR exam
Reduce sound pressure by up to 97%3
Quiet Suite4 lets you improve pediatric patients' experience significantly.1 Now you can conduct complete, quiet neurological and orthopedic exams, with no compromises in image quality.
- Reduced risks with pediatric and fetal imaging
- No compromises in image quality
- Reduced need for sedation and/or rescans
- Optimized patient comfort, especially for delicate patients
Light-weight, high-density, coils
Small, high-density coils close to the body are needed to ensure high-SNR, high-resolution, fast imaging without risk from excess weight.
- Coil Pediatric 165 for safe, comfortable positioning of infants and high-resolution imaging of the brain. It can be combined with the spine, body and flex coils for whole body imaging
- Standard Body and Flex coils: extremely light, flexible, and can be safely placed on or wrapped around a child
- Special Purpose Coil for high-resolution, smaller-FoV imaging.
Improve access and workflow
Improve access and create a more comfortable and friendly atmosphere to reduce anxiety of your pediatric patients.
- 70 cm Open Bore and ultra-short magnet length improve access
- Features such as the Illumination MoodLight or child-friendly scanner design by Dream Think Imagine create a more friendly atmosphere for your patients
- Prepare your patients outside the scanner room with the Tim Dockable Table
Expand pediatric1 MRI beyond brain imaging
A wide range of revolutionary features and applications gives you high-quality, high-resolution images, even in challenging cases. From free-breathing abdominal imaging, extremely short breathholds, to high-resolution DWI – we revolutionize what’s possible.
Our reference in 3T Pediatric MRI
Check out some examples of clinical applications provided by the University Children's Hospital Basel.
Advanced coil technology allows excellent anatomical resolution
Head/neck imaging with several fat suppression techniques to choose from
Trendsetting applications for high resolution and fast body imaging
Up to whole-body vessels visualization support therapy planning
Flex and UltraFlex coils can be wrapped around an individual hip for high SNR.
Improved workflow for fast, high resolution knee imaging
Free-breathing, contrast-enhanced body imaging
Children1, may not be able to hold their breath for contrast-enhanced imaging of the abdomen. Compressed Sensing GRASP-VIBE is a Siemens unique technology to make free-breathing and dynamic contrast-enhanced exams possible.
- Patients can breathe freely throughout the scan
- High-resolution, dynamic images free from motion artifacts
High-resolution 3D imaging with reduced breath-hold times
Liver imaging can now be performed in 10 seconds. CAIPIRINHA is a parallel imaging data acquisition technique that can be combined with 3D T1 VIBE or 3D Dixon and offers four contrasts (in phase, opposed phase, fat, and water) in a single breath-hold.
- Higher SNR
- Higher PAT factors are enabled with excellent image quality
- Used pattern distribute k-space points more uniformly
- Reduced patient stress by reducing breath-holds
Outstanding diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI)
RESOLVE delivers diffusion-weighted images with high anatomical accuracy enabling better detection and delineation of small lesions in the brain and spine.
- High-quality, high-resolution DWI and DTI for brain and spine
- Reduced susceptibility and blurring artifacts
- Insensitivity to motion-induced phase errors
- Reduced SAR in comparison to TSE-based methods
A comprehensive multi-organ modality
Even though children pose many unique challenges to diagnostic MR imaging, our users worldwide prove the modality's advantages for pediatric imaging1, and why it is today the preferred imaging modality for many diseases that occur in childhood.