DTI (Diffusion Tensor Imaging) Tractography uses diffusion tensor data and allows 3D visualization of specific white matter tracts. For example, one can determine the location of the corticospinal tract or the thalamocortical tract with the help of DTI Tractography.
- Pre-operative planning with combination of tractography and functional MRI.
- Brain tumor differentiation.
- By combining ADC and anisotropy data, the severity of strokes can be assessed and acute-ischemic changes can be distinguished from chronic-ischemic changes.
- Diagnosis and follow-up of MS lesions.
- May be useful in evaluation of normal brain development and maturation.