SOMATOM Edge PlusChanging views in Computed Tomography
Features & Benefits
Changing views on patient diversity – with personalized scanning
Scan virtually all patients with diagnostic confidence – including obese persons, children, and patients unable to cooperate.
- Get powerful images of obese patients: With SOMATOM Edge Plus, you can obtain sharp and rich-in-contrast images at high speed and low dose even with large patients.
- Gently scan the dose-sensitive ones: Minimize the need for sedation and allow low-dose scans for children with High Power at low kV and integrated CARE Child technology.
- Freeze motion when your patient can't: Excellent image quality within seconds for emergency cases due to the combination of High Power reserves with high coverage of up to 230 mm/s in clinical routine.
Changing views on clinical paradigms – with advanced imaging
Gain new diagnostic insights like functional information and tissue characterization, acquired with no dose or time penalty.
- See more than ever before with tin-filtered scanning: Shield patients from clinically irrelevant dose and use CT for a wider application range with our Tin Filter technology.
- Add dynamic imaging to your clinical routine: Make dynamic imaging an everyday method for nearly all patients and anatomical regions at the right dose and contrast-to-noise ratio.
- Perform advanced quantitative imaging with no dose penalty: Eliminate additional non-contrast scans by creating virtual ones – backed by our unique TwinBeam Dual Energy technology.
Changing views on patient positioning – with automated workflows
Save time and achieve consistent results with smart automation for fast, precise positioning, scanning, and postprocessing.
- Safeguard correct and consistent positioning: Our FAST Integrated Workflow with FAST 3D Camera helps your team acquire first-time right scans and manage tight schedules.
- Get closer to your patients: Set parameters without leaving your patients and offer them individual care with our Touch Panels on eye-level.
- Simplify preparation of patients and scanner: Accelerate workflows and lower dose, helping you optimize process efficiency and improve patient outcome with our software packages.
Courtesy of Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Scan time 10.05 s
Scan length 212 mm
CTDIvol 38.05 mGy
DLP 731.68 mGy*cm
- Contrast media-enhanced scan of the brain for tumor staging and therapy planning
- Excellent image quality thanks to StellarInfinity detector
Number of acquired slices:
Number of reconstructed slices:
In-plane temporal resolution:
70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140 kV
Max. scan speed:
up to 307 kg / 676 lbs