syngo.CT Colonography is a software module dedicated to noninvasive evaluation of the entire colon based on low-dose, high-resolution spiral CT scans.
Features & Benefits
Flexible screen layouts and dual monitor support permit instant switching between the 3D endoscopic view and the corresponding 2D images. Furthermore, the reading physician can choose to perform a synchronized flight in both prone and supine positions, while collecting findings on the fly. The new registered navigation offers both endoscopic views in a side-by-side display on up to two monitors for an easier differentiation of potential lesions. All of these features are embedded into a simple guided workflow with thorough reporting and documentation functionality.
CT-based colonography has become a routine clinical tool for oncological assessment of the colon. Especially in the case of failed or incomplete conventional colonoscopy as well as occlusive cancer that prevents assessment of the proximal part of the colon, risk of bleeding, or wall perforation, virtual colonoscopy serves as the appropriate clinical method.
According to the results of the large multicenter ACRIN clinical trial published in The New England Journal of Medicine, virtual colonoscopy, or computed tomographic (CT) colonography, is as effective as traditional colonoscopy in finding colorectal cancer and large polyps. The American Cancer Society added CT colonography to the list of recommended colon cancer screening and prevention tests in March 2008 and recommends a CT colonography exam every 5 years.
syngo.CT Colonography in combination with low-dose spiral abdominal CT exams can therefore be used for preventative colon exams as well as diagnostic exams. syngo Colonography CT in combination with low-dose spiral abdominal CT exams can therefore be used for preventative colon exams as well as diagnostic exams in cases where the patient has a failed optical colonoscopy or is contraindicated for optical colonoscopy due to suspected carcinoma or bleeding disorders, or there is a risk of colonic wall perforation e.g. colonic intussusception.
- Non-invasive, virtual colonography based on low-dose, high-resolution CT scans
- Synchronized real-time display and analysis of two (e.g. prone and supine or pre- and post-contrast) scans on up to two monitors
- Supports dual monitor setup
- Synchronized update of endoscopic, axial, and global views
- Real-time virtual endoscopic viewing in premium image quality, using high performance rendering techniques
- Fully automated centerline path finding
- Automated tagging of the small bowel for removal from examination
- Solid or barium enema-type display of entire colon for easy overview of path
- Overview segment containing flight path and marked pathologic findings
- Polyp measurement
- A panoramic endoscopic view of the colon which allows the user to visualize the colon in both directions, enabling visualization of the area behind folds while flying in one direction
- On-the-fly collection of all your findings and key images in the Findings Navigator as you read the case
- Storing and exporting findings of potential lesions is also performed by syngo.vias’ Findings Navigator
- Easy hand-over of tasks using the Suspend/Resume functionality, e.g. in order to share work between technologists and radiologists or cardiologists
 Accuracy of CT Colonography for Detection of Large Adenomas and Cancers
Johnson, C. Daniel et al, N Engl J Med 2008 359: 1207-1217
American Cancer Society Guidelines for the Early Detection of Cancer
- syngo.via for CT
Please Note: Additional technical pre-requisites may apply. Upon receiving your request, your local Siemens representative will clarify whether your system meets the requirements.