SAFIRE1 is a unique CT iterative reconstruction algorithm that uniquely allows for up to 60% lower radiation dose in your CT examinations without compromising image quality.
Key benefits of SAFIRE
- Recognized as a strong iterative reconstruction algorithm2
- Significant noise reduction2 while maintaining image quality and detail visualization
- Low-dose procedures may contribute to an increase in patient referrals, along with patient satisfaction
- Designed for simple implementation and easy use
Reduce image noise
In this case, SAFIRE helped to significantly reduce the noise in the CT image while using a low-dose protocol. This study was performed on a Symbia Intevo Bold SPECT/CT with 42 mAs at 110 kV, resulting in a DLP of 116 mGy*cm. Data
Improve image quality
In this case, SAFIRE allows for excellent CT image quality with oral and IV contrast medium, supporting the staging of adenocarcinoma. The study was performed on a Biograph™ Horizon PET/CT at 1 minute per bed position and CT scan parameters of 60 ref mAs at 130kV.
Acquire images at lower dose1
With SAFIRE, excellent co-registered CT images obtained at a low dose (130kV / 61 ref mAs) allowed for the characterization and delineation of a sub-centimeter lung lesion.
- Biograph Horizon
- Biograph Vision
- Biograph mCT
Minimum Software Version
- Symbia Intevo Bold: MI SPECT VB20
- Biograph Horizon: PETsyngo VJ10
- Biograph mCT: PETsyngo VG50
- Biograph mCT Flow: PETsyngo VG50
- Biograph Vision3: PETsyngo VG75
Please Note: Additional technical pre-requisites may apply. Upon receiving your request, your local Siemens representative will clarify whether your system meets the requirements.