Cios FlowGet straight to work
A good workflow is half the job, since interruptions can negatively impact both patient safety and OR efficiency.1 And other, invisible disruptions are on the rise: cyber attackers are taking advantage of security gaps to access patient data and compromise vulnerable healthcare systems.2
This new mobile C-arm can help you to make your procedure more straightforward and efficient. It assists you in your daily routine while also supporting multidisciplinary utilization.
- Designed for more ease in the OR
- Versatility supports system utilization
- Cyber security to safeguard data and access
Features & Benefits
Lightweight system design - Featuring a non-compromising C-design, and weighing only 275 kg, Cios Flow is particularly easy to position and move.
In modern operating rooms, surgical teams are constantly multitasking under time pressure.1
Benefit from intuitive use and versatile applications – plus advanced cyber security. Cios Flow lets you get straight to work.
Designed for more ease in the OR
Technicians need years of experience, and surgeons must communicate very clearly. Cios Flow offers intuitive use, low weight, and easy maneuverability, helping to ensure optimum system operation independent of staff expertise.
- Retina Imaging Chain with CMOS technology: Intelligent algorithms automatically adjust brightness and contrast, detect motion, enhance edges, and optimize metal visualization for improved depiction of surrounding tissue.
- SpotAdapt and touch gestures: SpotAdapt automatically optimizes imaging parameters to the anatomy of interest. Tablet-like touch gestures let you collimate, rotate, and flip images – and take advantage of SpotAdapt – with just one finger.
- High-brightness green lasers: For improved visibility on all skin types and blood – despite bright OR lighting.
- Lightweight system design: Featuring a non-compromising C-design, and weighing only 606 lb (275 kg), Cios Flow is particularly easy to position and move.
- Wireless footswitch: For less hassle around the equipment and more freedom in the OR.
Versatility supports system utilization
Hospitals face increasing cost pressure, so they need to justify investments. Cios Flow is a multipurpose system that can be used across a variety of disciplines – orthopedic and trauma surgery, spine surgery, vascular surgery, and more – allowing you to boost utilization.
Cyber security to safeguard data and access
Unprotected digital systems can serve as entry points for cyber attacks. Today, 83% of medical imaging devices run on unsupported operating systems.1 With Cios Flow, advanced cyber security is on board. This helps decrease your hospital’s risk of being hacked, ensure that personal data is secure, and safeguard your finances and reputation.
- Access & user management: Define rights for different user groups – to prevent unauthorized access.
- Whitelisting: Restrict unauthorized applications – to protect your imaging system.
- Data encryption: Encrypt the patient data partition using BitLocker – to secure data against theft.
- Audit Trail: Track important configuration changes – for improved transparency.
CMOS flat detector
Field of view
12 in x 12 in (30 cm x 30 cm)
8 in x 8 in (20 cm x 20 cm)*
1952 pixels x 1952 pixels
1360 pixels x 1360 pixels*
28.7 in (73 cm)
Max. tube current
31.1 in (80.3 cm)
606 lb (275 kg)
Laser light localizer
Yes* (green/red, tube, flat detector)
Clinical workflow support
Interface for hosting certified partner applications
CARE program (Combined Applications to Reduce Exposure)
Angi-microbial coating on C-arm and housing
LAN / WLAN* / USB / DVD
Did this information help you?
Göras C, Olin K, et al. (2019). Tasks, multitasking and interruptions among the surgical team in an operating room: A prospective observational study. BMJ Open. 9. 1-12. 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-026410.
Unit 42, Palo Alto Networks (2020). IoT Threat Report. https://unit42.
Cios Flow is pending 510(k) clearance, and not yet commercially available in the United States. It is available in other countries.