The INNOVANCE® Free Protein S Ag Assay is a liquid ready to use, highly specific, and stable test for the quantitative detection of free protein S in human plasma.
Features & Benefits
- Packaged in a simple two-component kit consisting of 4 reagent and buffer vial sets for convenience.
- Onboard reagent stability up to 96 hours on Sysmex CS Systems and stability of up to 8 weeks once opened and stored at 2-8°C. This excellent stability reduces waste and cost, allowing even smallest labs to economically test for free protein S.
- Convenient liquid ready to use reagent requires no mixing or preparation, minimizing operator training requirements and hands-on time in the lab.
- The assay provides turbidimetric detection of antibody/free protein S aggregates, delivering consistent, comparable performance across automated Siemens Healthineers hemostasis systems.
- The assay uses readily available standard human plasma calibrator calibrated against 2nd WHO International Standard for Protein S.
- INNOVANCE Free Protein S Ag Assay is highly specific by design, detecting only the free form of protein S without cross-reactivity to PS/C4BP complexes (total PS)
10-150% of norm
152 tests per kit
Protein S deficiency is a risk factor for thromboembolic diseases, although this is more clearly observed in thrombophilic families than in the general population. Protein S deficiency can be hereditary or acquired.
Current International Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis (ISTH) recommendations consider the free protein S antigen (free PS Ag) assay to be the preferred initial test for protein S evaluation.1
Further, recently published data based on the ISTH evidence-based testing algorithm indicate 31- 60% cost savings can be achieved over other testing modalities.2