Our revolutionary mobile head CT scanner SOMATOM On.site provides access to high-end image quality, right at your patient’s bedside. This will fundamentally change the way you can serve ICU patients suffering from acute and critical head conditions enabling you to transform care delivery at your hospital.
- Maximize quality of care
- Optimize staff deployment and care delivery
- Achieve high-end image quality at the point of care
Features & Benefits
Why bring the patient to the scanner ...
Providing CT scans of the head for critically ill patients, e.g. from Intensive Care Units (ICU) is crucial but often challenging.
- Patient transports from the ICU to the radiology department are associated with complex logistical hurdles that can require up to five staff members.1
- Inhouse patient transports bear an increased risk of complications for patients: >71% of ICU patients experience adverse events during transport specifically to the CT suite.2
- Scanning of ICU patients at the radiology department impacts CT availability for other patients by blocking off more than double the time of conventional exams.3
... when you could bring the scanner to the patient
Experience mobile head CT scanning with SOMATOM image quality right at the patient’s bedside:
- Eliminating transport to the radiology department can prevent related complications and allow your staff to concentrate on what matters most: providing optimal care for every patient in the ICU department.
- You can get images to diagnose and treat sudden changes in patients’ condition faster, potentially reducing the length and cost of hospital stays.
- Offering mobile CT imaging directly in the ICU allows the radiology department to maintain an optimized schedule and utilize their staff more efficiently.
Transform care delivery with SOMATOM On.site
Ensuring high-end imaging results at your patient’s bedside: Thanks to the latest advances in digital healthcare, myExam Companion contributes with built-in expertise. And, thanks to workflow guidance provided by GO technologies, the system is so easy to use that it enables greater consistency across your entire team to acquire optimal images.
1Masaryk, TJ., Kolonick R, Painter T, Weinreb DB. The economic and clinical benefits of portable head/neck CT imaging in the intensive care unit. Radiol Manage [Internet]. 2008 Mar-Apr [cited 2019 Aug 15]:30(2):50-54. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18431942
2PwC Turkey [Internet]. Istanbul, Turkey: PricewaterhouseCoopers. Anticipating unique disruptions: PwC's 21st CEO Survey: key findings from the healthcare industry; 2018 [cited 2019 Aug 6]. Available from: https://www.pwc.com.tr/en/yayinlar/arastirmalar/ceo-survey/21-ceo-arastirmasi/saglik-sektoru-sonuclari.html
3Murphy M. Research brief: eliminating wasteful work in hospitals improves margin, quality and culture [Internet]. Washington, DC: Murphy Leadership Institute; 2003 Aug [cited 2019 Aug 15]. 11 p. Available from: https://www.cs.odu.edu/~cpi/old/cpi-s2004/statag/murphy-wastefulwork.pdf
*SOMATOM On.site is currently pending 510(k) clearance, and are not yet commercially available in the United States. Some products and features are not commercially available in every country. Due to regulatory reasons, their future availability cannot be guaranteed.