CT Neuro Engine
Get further. With the CT Neuro Engine.
Get further. With the CT Neuro Engine.
Reduce door-to-needle times in stroke. The CT Neuro Engine offers a complete diagnostic stroke solution on syngo.via that helps you answer key diagnostic questions fast.
Features & Benefits
What top innovation will you get?
Reduce door-to-needle times: The CT Neuro Engine helps you quickly answer the most crucial diagnostic questions in stroke – so you can concentrate on optimal treatment and therapy decisions.
- Is the stroke caused by bleeding?
Use a non-contrast CT scan to detect if the stroke is caused by hemorrhage or ischemia, so you can determine the potential benefit or harm of thrombolytic drugs. Subtle nuances indicative of early signs of ischemia are visualized with Neuro BestContrast, which enhances the contrast-to-noise ratio by up to 40 percent.
- What is the size and location of the clot?
When planning interventional clot retrieval, the size of the clot may be overestimated on axial CTA source images. The CT Neuro Engine and syngo.CT Dynamic Angio can help you better characterize the occlusion length and collateral status. Videos showing the flow of contrast from the arteries to the veins enable a dynamic evaluation so you can see antegrade and delayed collateral blood flow.
- How big is the infarct?
It takes just five simple steps to see the core infarct and penumbra. The guided workflow in syngo.CT Neuro Perfusion facilitates a routine 24/7 operation. Tissue at risk can be easily visualized in 3D color maps, based on the mismatch between cerebral blood volume (CBV) and cerebral blood flow (CBF). Or feel free to define a custom mismatch based on parameters you select.
- Absolute leadership in 4D imaging. Smart, flexible, and dose-efficient.
The Adaptive 4D Spiral Technology offers whole-brain coverage and more for contrast-enhanced dynamic scans. It provides coverage beyond the detector width. On fixed CT gantries, it smoothly moves the table back and forth. With sliding gantry systems (SOMATOM Definition AS+ and SOMATOM Definition Edge), the CT gantry moves back and forth on rails while the table remains fixed. This smart approach delivers more flexibility in z-coverage, allowing for industry-leading z-coverage over both small and large ranges. And it is more dose-efficient compared to large detector approaches.
- Optimized stroke protocol with the Adaptive 4D Spiral
Minimize eye exposure – and get full diagnostic information
Our optimized stroke protocol is designed for routine 24/7 stroke imaging. It covers the whole supratentorial brain with 10 cm coverage.2 This minimizes eye exposure and risk of cataract at greater lengths3 – yet it provides full diagnostic information even though cerebellar infarcts are rare (<1%).4
- Extended coverage may benefit specific cases
In certain clinical cases, it may be justified to increase z-coverage – and so we are offering an industry-leading z-coverage of up to 45 cm for dedicated 4D CT-Angiography head and neck protocols.5 Analyzing this data with syngo.CT Dynamic Angio may give you new insights that help better understand the dynamics of blood flow in neurovascular disease.
What else is new for you?
Enhance your clinical capabilities with intelligent Dual Energy applications for faster evaluation of neurovascular diseases.
- Perform bone removal with fewer motion artifacts at lower dose
syngo.CT DE Direct Angio performs bone removal more reliably because it suffers less from the motion artifacts sometimes seen with DSA-based algorithms. It also achieves this at a lower dose, because a non-contrast CT is not required.
- Discriminate post-interventional bleeding from transient iodine uptake
When performing neuro-interventional procedures like clot retrieval in stroke, serious complications such as post-interventional bleeding can occasionally occur. On a single-energy CT, this can look similar to transient iodine uptake and show no clinical symptoms. This is where the Dual Energy CT can be very helpful: syngo.CT DE Brain Hemorrhage helps discriminate between the two, and is now available on our single-source CT scanners SOMATOM Definition AS+ and SOMATOM Definition Edge.
- Evaluate faster with bones removed
In neurovascular disease evaluation and interventional treatment planning, syngo.CT Neuro DSA (Digital Subtraction Angiography) helps you save time and effort. Thanks to fully automated bone removal, you’ll find your images ready for reading as soon as you open a case; and you can toggle between bone and vessel views. The CT Neuro Engine’s new CT Neurovascular workflow also permits a comprehensive vessel analysis of the head and neck – including curved planar reformations (CPR) for stenosis measurement and automated vessel tracking.
Choose between the CT Neuro Engine and the CT Neuro Engine Pro to best fit your personal needs and institutions requirements.
Software modules in the CT Neuro Engine:
- syngo.CT Neuro DSA - allows for bone-free evaluation of the neuro vasculature. Main indications are the diagnostic evaluating of neurovascular disease (e.g. aneurysms & stenosis) and planning interventional treatment (e.g. coiling and stenting).
- syngo.CT Neuro Perfusion visualizes blood perfusion in the brain. This can help in acute ischemic stroke to estimate the extent of tissue at risk to infarct (penumbra) that is potentially salvageable with further therapy.
- syngo Volume Perfusion CT Neuro visualizes blood perfusion in the brain. Offers similar functionality compared to syngo.CT Neuro Perfusion directly at the Acquisition Work Place (AWP). Also offering brain tumor evaluation and enhanced volumetric functionality incl. VOI tool.
Hardware modules in the CT Neuro Engine Pro:
- The Adaptive 4D Spiral in combination with the CT Neuro Engine Pro provides extended coverage for dynamic contrast enhanced scans.
- The Tiltable Head Holder helps to ensure optimal positioning for Neuro imaging. It tilts the patient’s head forward to better match the brain anatomy with the scanners field of view. This minimizes dose exposure to the eyes and prevents patient movement.
Software modules in the CT Neuro Engine Pro:
- syngo.CT Dynamic Angio – dynamically visualizes blood flow from the arterial to the venous phases. Videos and images show diseases that affect the vessel system. In ischemic stroke, the application of the CT Neuro Engine helps you better characterize the clot. In addition, it is being used more and more to visualize delayed collaterals with tMIP images. This makes it easier for you to select patients who are more likely to benefit from further treatment.