As an industry pioneer, Siemens Healthcare makes an astounding investment in research and development, over one billion Euros annually, to bring real-world solutions to healthcare providers.
Since 1896, when Siemens invented the first industrially manufactured X-ray
tubes for medical diagnostics, we have engineered answers that have become instrumental to the health of patients and the organizations that care for them.
- Comprehensive imaging solution that combines reliable radiopharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution with innovative PET hardware and software1 for PET imaging of amyloid plaques – one of the necessary pathological features of Alzheimer’s disease2,3,4 – in the living brain.
- Wireless transducer ultrasound system.
- Fully integrated positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance (MR) system.
- PET-CT scanner.
- Dual source CT.
- Angiography C-arm system based on robotic technology.
- Blood test for measuring circulating levels of the HER-2/neu oncoprotein.
- Automated equimolar Vitamin D Total Assay with 18-minute results.
- hsCRP test indicated for cardiovascular risk assessment and risk stratification.
- Workflow-enabled Healthcare Information System (HIS).
Facts and Figures
Siemens innovative technologies are instrumental to the health of organizations and patients in the U.S. and throughout the world.
- Our products are found in 8 out of 10 U.S. hospitals.
- All 15 hospitals on U.S. News & World Report’s 2015-16 Best Hospitals Honor Roll use Siemens solutions.
- Over 9 billion diagnostic tests sold worldwide, reaching over 800 million patients per year with chemistry and immunoassay tests alone.