Heart failure remains one of the most challenging medical conditions to manage, with high morbidity and mortality rates in those diagnosed with the syndrome. Natriuretic peptides (NPs) play a key and cost-effective role in the diagnosis of congestive heart failure (CHF).
NPs are markers of hemodynamic stress on the heart, denoting the neurohumoral activation of the myocardium. BNP and NT-proBNP are produced in a 1:1 ratio when the left ventricle is stretched due to hemodynamic pressure. Elevated levels of either of these peptides are associated with heart failure, and both are equally useful as an aid in the diagnosis of CHF.
Reliable Answers to Critical Cardiac Questions
As a recognized worldwide leader in CVD testing, Siemens Healthineers was the first company to offer a choice in natriuretic peptide testing, giving clinicians the power to choose:
- Multiple instrument options for NP testing
- Central laboratory and point-of-care testing solutions
- Offers both BNP and NT-proBNP* on the Atellica Solution and ADVIA Centaur® Systems
- Excellent precision (<5% CV for both assays)
- Provides confidence in the safe rule out of heart failure and patient risk stratification
- Delivers reliable results from a proven, trusted technology
*Not available for sale in the U.S. Assay availability may vary from country to country and is subject to local regulatory requirements. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers representative for additional information.
The products/features (here mentioned) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.