Shaping your future
We have an established apprenticeship scheme helping to support healthcare of tomorrow. In the UK, Siemens Healthineers manufactures superconducting magnets for MRI scanners, as well as designing, maintaining and operating solutions in laboratory diagnostics and point of care.
You can make an impact in healthcare and shape your future career whilst earning.
Nationwide roles - Customer Services
We offer a four year Advanced Apprenticeship with Level 3 NVQ/HNC within a specific field in the business. Once finished, you will be completely product trained and integrated into Siemens Healthineers.
You will also work towards further work-based qualifications such as Functional Skills, and in most cases, a relevant knowledge-based certificate such as a BTEC.
To be considered for an apprenticeship, all we need from you ideally is to have five GCSEs at grade C or above, or have completed an Intermediate Apprenticeship.
1. Fill out an application form with your details and CV attached.
2. If selected, you will be invited to a recruitment day which will involve:
- An interview
- A theory test
- A hands-on test
- A group task
Recruitment is open now! Please click below and contact us with your CV attached to apply for a Customer Service Apprenticeship.
Sudbury - Supply Chain, Quality Control, Operations or Business Admin
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases. Develop skills with us through on the job training in Sudbury and gain qualifications at college.
We offer a range of apprenticeships in business areas including Supply Chain, Quality Control, Operations and Business Admin.
You need to have at least 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C or above (4 or higher) with some roles requiring A Levels or equivalent.
1. Online application - Please complete our online application and submit you CV, which will then be screened by our Talent Acquisition team.
2. Game-based assessment - This is an online assessment that assesses your behavioural traits and cognitive ability, to see if you align to our Siemens Healthineers culture.
3. Assessment centre - If you’re successful, you’ll be invited to an assessment centre on the 11th March in Sudbury which will include a strengths-based interview and group exercise.
Oxford - Magnet Technology
Based in Eynsham, Oxfordshire, we are a world leader in the design and manufacture of super-conducting magnets. Our magnets are at the heart of an MRI scanner, which enables precision
diagnosis without harmful radiation. A third of all MRI systems in the world contain a magnet made here at Magnet Technology.
You will be working in our manufacturing teams to help produce high-quality magnets and will be supported by a structured training programme over 3 years. Furthermore, we work in partnership with BMW in Oxford and the Birmingham Metropolitan College to deliver our apprenticeship programme through their dedicated training centre.
We have won multiple awards, including Best Factory Award!
- Completion of the Performing Engineering Operations Technical Certificate
Years 2 & 3
- Day release to complete further training both theory and technical
- Working on site at SMT where you’ll work with our teams to gain hands-on manufacturing experience and learn more about our business
At the end of your programme you will have completed your Level 3 Apprenticeship programme, and you’ll be earning while you learn.
Upon successful completion of the programme there is a good chance that you will be made an offer to join our team at MT, if positions are available.
Our recent graduates
"You have the possibility to become part of a global, highly trained group of engineers specialising in medical equipment. There are many advantages, which includes having a massive support base for apprentices, while still giving the individual space to learn and grow into their role. As an apprentice with Siemens Healthineers you will also gain access to a company vehicle on your second year and have the chance of taking training courses in Germany and/or America."
"I prefer to learn about my desired field by engaging in practical activities and on the job learning rather than in a classroom, so an apprenticeship was the right choice for me. An added benefit would also be that I would also gain employment and would be looked after whilst I trained."