The Stratus® CS Analyzer* for acute care diagnostics provides quantitative cardiac assays for fast, accurate evaluation of patients presenting with suspected myocardial ischemia. Its efficiency and ease of use make it ideal for both point-of-care testing and lab applications.
- Easy to use and ideal for all skill levels
- Full cardiac menu including guideline acceptable troponin I and D-dimer (with pulmonary embolism exclusion)** assays
- Results in as little as 14 minutes
- Use in the acute care setting to decrease turnaround time, patient length of stay, and total patient costs
Stratus CS Acute Care Diagnostic System
Features & Benefits
Managing Chest Pain to Meet the Challenge
Each year, more than eight million patients visit emergency departments in the United States with chest pain suggestive of myocardial ischemia. Yet, in around 75% of cases, objective evidence of unstable coronary syndrome is lacking after the initial clinical and ECG evaluation.
Accelerated diagnostic protocols using biochemical markers and near-patient testing strategies with the Stratus® CS analyzer can help address this challenge. Consequently, hospital stays—and the cost to manage both ACS-positive and ACS-negative patients—can be reduced.
Fast, informative results
- Rapid turnaround time: 14 minutes to first result, and 4 minutes for each subsequent result
- A broad menu of tests to support better chest pain differentiation from a single sample, on a single run, on a single instrument
Easy-to-use in the Emergency Department, Coronary Care Unit, STAT Lab or Central Lab
- Simple operation for all skill levels: load sample, rotor, TestPak™ Cartridge(s)—and press Start
- System accepts blood directly from collection tube—no sample preparation, no manual dilutions
- Integrated centrifuge spins whole blood to plasma and automatically pipettes to test cartridges—no user manipulation needed
Efficient and cost-effective
- Eliminates manual intervention steps that prolong result turnaround
- Single use packaging for tests, calibrators, and diluents reduce reagent waste
- Select tests based on patient need—no fixed assay panels
- System Check (electronic QC) reduces liquid QC frequency requirements
- Barcode readers and lockout features for near-patient testing compliance
- Fully compliant with OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Preamble
- First to the market with a guideline acceptable troponin I assay with the low end precision to meet the 2012 ESC/ACC Guidelines
- Onsite training
- Field service group
- Technical telephone support
Click below to learn more about each assay available on the Stratus CS analyzer.
System, Sample, and Reagent Specifications.
0.03 - 50 ng/mL
6 – 5000
0.1 –50 mg/L
1– 900 ng/mL
6 ng/mL FEU
10% at 0.06 ng/mL
2.5% at 27.1 mIU/mL†
DilPak™ Automatic Dilution
Sodium Heparin Tubes
Lithium Heparin Tubes
Sodium Citrate Tubes
Please refer to the assay insert sheets or operator’s guide for more detailed information.
Level-sensing capabilities automatically align to each TestPak and module
Computer Interface Specifications
Uni-directional through serial port
Room Temperature: 15-30°C (65-85°F)
All hazardous materials are contained within a disposable waste liner
Microprocessor-verified between 18,000 and 22,000 rpm
Sample and TestPak Identification
Universal bar code reader
Single-use assay cartridges
Dendrimer enhanced radial partition immunoassay
- Daily system check (electronic QC) with programmable time lockout
- Liquid controls are processed after calibration, upon receipt of a previously calibrated lot of reagents or whenever the site wishes to verify performance, and according to local, state, and/or federal regulations
- On-board “QC Required” alert for a time element and/ or range check
- The last 20 results are stored and can be reprinted and/or transmitted to LIS
- Patient ID and/or sample ID entry Sample collection time entry
- Unauthorized operator lockout capability
- TestPak lot expiration notification
- Password protection of advanced setup functions
Reagent Storage Requirements
TestPaks, CalPaks, and DilPaks: 2 to 8°C (Troponin-I CalPak and NT-proBNP CalPak: -10 to -20°C)
Did this information help you?
*Not available for sale in the U.S. Product availability varies by country.
**In conjunction with a non-high clinical pretest probability (PTP) assessment model in point of care