The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention describes fentanyl as a synthetic opioid that is 50 times more potent than heroin and 100 times more potent than morphine.1 The potency of fentanyl and the alarming increase of misuse and abuse poses an overdose danger, often unintentional.
The ARK Fentanyl assay2 is now available as an Alliance Application on Siemens Healthineers chemistry systems including the Atellica® CH Analyzer. It measures fentanyl in human urine.
- Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid similar to morphine, prescribed for patients with chronic pain, post-operative pain, or treatment of breakthrough pain in cancer patients.
- The ARK Fentanyl assay demonstrates cross-reactivity with norfentanyl.
- Detecting norfentanyl is clinically important due to the quick metabolization of fentanyl into norfentanyl, its major metabolite.
- Gain more confidence in your results with the ARK Fentanyl assay that demonstrates cross-reactivity with norfentanyl (a major metabolite).
- Save valuable time by eliminating the need to send out fentanyl screens or waste time confirming false positives.
- Streamline your opioid testing on one system and complement your drugs-of-abuse testing panel by adding this assay to your arsenal of opioid tests.