Remote digital technologies enabling various tele-disciplines
- Remote scanning in diagnostic imaging allowing expert technologists to provide consultations and support complex procedures remotely.
- Telepathology or remote pathology empowering pathologists to provide consultations from other locations.
- Remote data management for clinical laboratory allowing testing to happen closer to patients while experts can handle and oversee multiple laboratories from anywhere.
- Telepharmacy allowing patients access to pharmacists where none are physically present.
- Robotic surgery as a key technology for telesurgery or remote surgery, making it possible to perform surgery from a distance.
- Remote patient monitoring and patient follow-up allowing patients to be cared for while remaining at home.
Don’t miss the latest insights
Subscribe to receive upcoming Insights Series papers personalized and directly to your e-mail inbox, containing thought-provoking ideas for the success of your healthcare institution.