An advanced prenatal risk calculation system, PRISCA* uses biochemical markers, ultrasound measurements, and demographics to accurately calculate risk and deliver detailed reports. The optional Shared Database provides assessment of PRISCA medians. Optional software, PRISCAConnect, links PRISCA to LIS so patient data can be easily accessed. PRISCA:
- Supports numerous algorithms, protocols, and risk calculations for first and second trimester screening
- Calculates chromosomal and neural tube defect risks based on age-related, biochemical, and sonographic information
- Leverages the PRISCA Shared Database option to provide statistical quality assurance and identify the most appropriate data for comparison
- Offers security via multiple user levels and backup and archive functions
- Automates risk calculations, reduces manual entry, and enhances patient safety by downloading data directly from LIS
- Includes flexible reporting options, allowing doctors to select reports per individual needs
Cechy i korzyści
Accurately assess fetal risk in maternal screenings and improve patient care.
The PRISCA System* uses powerful algorithms to weigh data from multiple healthcare sources and issue a detailed report, giving doctors information necessary to make more complete assessments. PRISCA Shared Database combines data from many labs into a large sample set to help labs identify the most statistically appropriate medians for their PRISCA assessments. PRISCAConnect easily links PRISCA with an organization’s Laboratory Information System (LIS) to download patient data to PRISCA and upload calculated risks to the LIS.
Deliver prenatal risk assessments with more assurance.
Physicians need to know all the risks associated with a patient’s pregnancy prior to making recommendations. The PRISCA System performs numerous risk calculations using various test algorithms and risk factors, enabling doctors to offer the best advice. The PRISCA System combines:
- Normal ranges for different weeks of gestation
- Multiple correction factors based on patient demographics
- Lab test and ultrasound results
- Risk calculation algorithms
- Age-related risks
- Biochemical risks for trisomy 21 and trisomy 18
- Combined risks with nuchal translucency for trisomy 21 and trisomy 18
- Neural tube defect risk assessment
- Patient reports in selectable formats
PRISCA supports a variety of screening protocols, such as the double test in the first trimester and double, triple or quadruple tests in the second trimester, both with or without nuchal translucency.
Identify and use the most statistically appropriate medians.
The PRISCA Shared Database is a statistically based quality assurance system that provides accurate assessment of PRISCA medians. It allows laboratories to track their median values against other laboratories in order to identify and use the most statistically appropriate data. Quarterly reports:
- Compare a lab’s medians with those of peers
- Monitor trends and identify outliers
- Provide an early indicator of biased medians
- Provide new median guidelines for each screening test
When I began offering the test in 2004, physicians started by using the test on their high-risk patients. Then the physicians realized that the results are very accurate and it is a good screening method and they expanded testing to pregnant women of all ages.
Clara Corona de Lau, CEO,
Biomedica de Referencia
Enhance productivity with PRISCAConnect for automated assessment.
By integrating PRISCAConnect with the PRISCA System, healthcare organizations can benefit from a fully automated risk assessment solution. This CE-certified software enables transmission of patient data between an organization’s LIS and PRISCA, automating assessment tasks and minimizing manual data entry. Additional benefits include:
- Reduced risk for typing errors
- Faster delivery of results and automatic patient updates
- Improved lab workflow and better staff efficiency
- Automatic transmission to LIS for printing, archiving, and delivery
- One-click record view
PRISCAConnect is a big advance for our laboratory. Its benefits are a decrease of data entered by hand, decrease in error risk and improvements in workflow efficiency.
Dra M Victoria de Olabarria Ruiz
Benefit from complete, customized risk assessments with flexible options.
Designed for any sized office and offered in 17 languages, the PRISCA System is highly configurable, giving staff more control over test outcomes. Flexible preferences enable operators to choose from 19 report templates and a user-definable list of referring physicians; to make adjustments for local conditions, including cut off levels and data ranges; and to select center-specific program settings, biochemical medians, user-specified sonographer NT medians,** and center- specific population parameters** for T21 risk calculations.
The PRISCA System also provides powerful features for enhanced security and quality control, including:
- Backup prompt on program termination
- Comprehensive audit trails
- CE certification
- Automatic report archival
- Configurable statistical reports with some predefined reports
*Not available for sale in the U.S.
*Available outside the U.S. only.
**Available for PRISCA 5