Axial T2w TSE images of the brain (left: without motion correction; right: with BLADE)
BLADE reduces dramatically sensitivity to movement in MR scanning. It is a technique that incorporates a k-space trajectory radial in nature and reduces motion artifacts and helps visualize the smallest lesions in non-cooperative patients or when scanning is not optimal due to other involuntary motion like pulsation, respiration, etc.
- Reduce sedation rates in pediatric and anxious patients, and get high-quality images to make a diagnosis
- Reduce physiologic motion artifacts: Pulsation of blood vessels, respiratory artifacts, tremor
- Especially effective in reducing CSF pulsation artifacts at 3T even in non-cooperative patients
Caratteristiche e vantaggi
- Images in all slice orientations
- Applicable in all body regions like head, spine, liver, knee
- Compatible with Tim coil system and parallel acquisition technique (iPAT)
- Can be used with PACE (Free-breathing technique)
- Multiple contrasts are possible (T1, T2, Dark Fluid, STIR….)
BLADE is a motion insensitive, multi-shot Turbo Spin Echo (TSE) sequence. Inter-shot motion correction is applied for reducing in-plane motion artifacts. This technique continuously acquires low resolution images during motion, then measures and corrects for this motion. Data is acquired in blades which include parallel phase-encoding lines. Individual blades are rotated to cover a circle in the raw data space.
- MAGNETOM Vida
- MAGNETOM Verio
- MAGNETOM Espree
- MAGNETOM Symphony, A Tim System
- MAGNETOM Trio, A Tim System
Minimum Software Version
syngo MR A30
syngo MR B13
syngo MR C11
Please Note: Additional technical pre-requisites may apply. Upon receiving your request, your local Siemens representative will clarify whether your system meets the requirements.