Point of care testing (POCT) has become an increasingly popular alternative to traditional laboratory testing, due to decreased turn-around-time and expedited diagnosis and treatment for patients in a variety of settings. While POCT plays a vital role in improving the patient experience, it can also present challenges associated with managing laboratory testing outside of the laboratory setting.
Attendees are entitled to P.A.C.E. credits from the ASCLS and/or ACCENT credits from the AACC.
Rebecca L. Meredith, BS, RRT, RCP
Supervisor, Respiratory Therapy
Emergency Services Institute
Who Should Attend?
- Point of Care coordinators
- Respiratory therapists
- Laboratory technicians/technologists
- Healthcare professionals
Key Learning objectives
- Identify the benefits of Point of Care Testing (POCT)
- Identify the challenges of operating and managing POCT
- Describe the impact of POCT on various hospital departments