Get further. With the CT Acute Care Engine.
Get further. With the CT Acute Care Engine.
Acute care cases demand a quick and comprehensive diagnosis. The 2015 Edition of the CT Acute Care Engine enhances your process efficiency with a number of automated applications – so you can concentrate on diagnosis and therapy. Benefit from increased clinical capabilities when performing triple rule-outs in acute chest pain and when assessing stroke cases, and maximize the “golden hour” with trauma patients.
Features & Benefits
What top innovation will you get?
Speed up your process efficiency in multiple trauma cases with automated rib and spine labelling.
- Comprehensive diagnosis when time is tight
Multiple trauma cases with suspected injuries to the thorax and spine call for a complete evaluation of the ribs and vertebral bodies to assess possible fractures. syngo.CT Bone Reading1 revolutionizes this process: The application identifies and labels the ribs and displays the entire rib cage rolled on a 2D planar reformat. In addition, the vertebral bodies are tagged and the spine is presented in a stretched view for a straightforward overview of the anatomy. With Spine CAD4 we offer a second-reader support for an even easier detection of traumatic spine lesions.
- The Automatic Pre-Processing function performs these steps for you and has the case ready for review when opened. Lesions and fractures can now be spotted and assessed immediately.
What else is new for you?
Enhance your clinical capabilities with the CT Acute Care Engine’s intelligent features – for fast and comprehensive treatment decisions in trauma situations.
- Automatically complete manufacturer-specific graft order forms
Pre-procedural planning for the treatment of abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms requires a precise assessment of several anatomical parameters. Numerous vendors offer a variety of stent grafts, each of which requires its own set of measurements. syngo.CT Rapid Stent Planning1 introduces the automatic completion of manufacturer-specific stent order forms. This optional extension makes the most effective use of the unique Rapid Results Technology: Protocols guide the user through all length and diameter measurements, which are then automatically stored in the corresponding order form. At delivery, syngo.CT Rapid Stent Planning provides three order forms: Gore Excluder, Zenith Flex, and Medtronic Endurant in PDF format. In addition, new order form templates can be generated to match the requirements of other vendors.2
- Evaluate the full spectrum of myocardial perfusion
When determining the hemodynamic relevance of an intermediate stenosis, suboptimal timing of the scan may compromise the results of a simple first-pass enhancement and may be misleading in the detection of a potential perfusion defect. The new Perfusion Evaluation function in syngo.CT Myocardial Perfusiont1 enables the assessment of quantitative dynamic myocardial perfusion data.3 Additional clinical benefits are introduced with the quantification of iodine concentration in the myocardium using Dual Energy, as well as the inspection of quantitative blood flow and volume data.3 The visualization in AHA-compliant 17-segment polar maps and a direct overlay in MPR segments help pinpoint the perfusion defect.
- Standardize and automate image creation
When assessing coronary artery disease, the manual preparation of reformats and visualizations of the coronary vessels is time-consuming and rarely standardized. With Rapid Results Technology (RRT), you can automatically generate visualizations of the coronary and general vessels in a variety of types and orientations. Design your own protocols that best suit your daily work. Save time for reading other cases by allowing RRT to create just the right amount of information – standardized and reproducible. With the new edition, RRT lets you send the results of your executed protocols directly to your PACS with no extra effort.
- Assess dynamic CT data for the management of acute stroke patients
In acute stroke, it can be challenging to differentiate the core infarct from tissue at risk for infarction (penumbra). This is crucial, however, because the latter is potentially salvageable with additional therapy. With a range of unique features, syngo.CT Neuro Perfusion helps you easily assess the potential treatment benefits. It visualizes tissue at risk in 3D color maps based on the mismatch between blood volume and flow. You can also select individual mismatch parameters like Siemens’ Time-To-Drain. Refined algorithms offer automated gray-matter segmentation so you can immediately focus on the relevant tissues.
Rapid Results Technology facilitates Cardiovascular Reading
Martin Horák at Homolka Hospital, Prague, was one of the first to test Rapid Results Technology. As the demands for standardized views and visualizations are increasing in his institution, he benefits from automated and reproducible image generation. Experience how Rapid Results Technology speeds up his work.
In Focus: Saving Time and Money in Acute Chest Pain
Chest pain is the 2nd most common reason (after accidents) for a trip to the Emergency Department (ED) in the USA, accounting for 8 million visits annually. Speed of diagnosis is essential when a heart attack occurs. While standard diagnostic procedures can take up to 24 hours, one single scan with the SOMATOM Definition scanner and the CT Acute Care Engine, is sufficient to rule out Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) safely. John Lesser, MD Cardiologist at the Minneapolis Heart Center shows how Siemens CT solutions in the ED saves 80% time and 50% cost in managing acute chest pain.
The CT Acute Care Engine and the CT Acute Care Engine Pro open up two different levels of diagnostic possibilities.
Hardware features in the CT Acute Care Engine
- HeartView for ECG-controlled data acquisition and image reconstruction
- Cardio BestPhase for automatic best systolic and diastolic phase selection
- MinDose ECG Pulsing for 20-30% dose saving in cardiac function1
- Long scan ranges for whole body CT angiography
- Extended FOV for scanning of, e.g. obese patients
Software modules in the CT Acute Care Engine
- syngo.CT CaScoring for quick risk assessment and coronary age calculation
- syngo.CT Coronary Analysis for evaluation of coronary arteries and quantification of coronary stenosis
- syngo.CT Cardiac Function for left ventricular function assessment
- syngo.CT Vascular Analysis for assessment and quantification of general vascular pathologies
- syngo.CT Neuro DSA for automated visualization of the cerebral vasculature
- CT TAVI Planning for accurate and streamlined assessment of all parameters necessary for reliable TAVI planning
- syngo.CT Neuro Perfusion for quantitative evaluation of ischemic stroke
Additional hardware features in the CT Acute Care Engine Pro
- Adaptive 4D Spiral for whole organ coverage in perfusion CT as well as phase-resolved imaging
- z-UHR for ultra-high resolution bone imaging, in particular for wrists, joints, and inner ear studies
Additional software modules in the CT Acute Care Engine Pro
- syngo.CT Cardiac Function – Enhancement for visualization of ischemia from early or late enhancement images
- syngo.CT Cardiac Function – Right Ventricle for right ventricular functional assessment
- syngo.CT Vascular Analysis – Autotracer for automatic identification and anatomical labeling of major blood vessels
- syngo.CT Dynamic Angio for robust inspection of time-resolved CT images
Other optional features
- syngo.CT PE CAD4 for automatic detection of filling defects during review of CT pulmonary angiograms
- syngo.CT Bone Reading for fast rib and spine assessment in multiple trauma cases
- syngo.CT Myocardial Perfusion for the evaluation of dynamic myocardial perfusion data
- syngo.CT Rapid Stent Planning offers the automatic completion of manufacturer-specific stent order forms